

Narcotics Anonymous®



Nebraska Regional Service Committee

April 11, 2020

Zoom

Platform

(3:03PM) Monica T. opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer.
Twelve Traditions: Read by Brent D. **Twelve Concepts:** Read by John D.

Executive Committee:

Chairperson: Monica T.
Vice Chair: Diane K.
Treasurer: Dean B.
Vice-Treasurer: Brent D.
Secretary: Kendra D.
RD: Brian S.
Alt RD: Brenda D.

Area RCM's:

Columbus: Absent
Central: John D.
Eastern: Diana B.
Elkhorn Valley: Casey C.
Fremont: Absent
Great Plains: Brian P.
Platte Valley: Absent
Southeastern: Kimberly **Alt.** John H.

Sub- Committees:

NRCNA 37: Donald P.
General Assembly: Brian P.
Outreach: Donald P.
Policy: Seth R.
P.I.: Christine F.
I.T.: Sam S.
H&I: Absent; Report Received.
Archives: Dick T.
SBTW Liaison: Tommy N.

Visitors: Mark B., Hadrian, Britt E., Chantel O., Cassie H, John H.,

Proposal to accept October Minutes: Passed By Consensus (6-0)

Treasurer's Report (3:12 PM):

NRSCNA Treasurer Report				
RSC Meeting Date:	4/11/2020		RSC Meeting Beginning Balance:	\$6,360.00
			Prudent Reserve:	\$6,360.00
Donations		Expenses		
Area, Group, or Other	Amount	Chk #	Written To - Description/Purpose	Amount
ENNA	\$898.82	1326	InMotion Hosting (web name)	\$15.99
EVANA	\$225.00	1327	Sam S (web name)	\$15.99
Great Planes Area	\$100.00	1328	Cancelled check	

		1329	Tera Newcombe (H&I)	\$599.38
		1330	PO Box	\$106.00
			EXPENSES SUBTOTAL:	\$737.36
		1331	NAWS (WORLD) DONATION:	\$486.46
TOTAL DONATIONS:	\$1,223.82		TOTAL EXPENSES:	\$1,223.82
RSC MEETING SUMMARY REPORT				
BEGINNING BALANCE:	\$6,360.00			
TOTAL DONATIONS:	\$1,223.82			
TOTAL EXPENSES:	-\$1,223.82			
ENDING BALANCE:	\$6,360.00			

Area Reports (3:14 PM):

Columbus: Absent; no report.

Central: Hello Family! Glad were all safe! Well Central area is alive and well and caring the message in a different ways today. We have a-lot of different groups that haven't taken it upon them self to host zoom meetings I will include that in my report Sunday: zoom at noon id#275030314 New day group 630 id#2158932503 Monday keeping the hope 800 id#171879558 Friday Aurora step taker 800 id#363800014 in loving service John D

Eastern: Hi family, blessed to be healthy and in a meeting today. Our Area chose not to have a meeting in March, and I haven't heard what the plans are for this month. Our Activities Committee also cancelled the St. Patrick Day event and Conference Agenda Report Workshop scheduled in March. CECK 2020 had absolutely no complaints from the hotel. They look forward to us being there again next year. CECK 2021 is looking for artwork, entertainment ideas and speakers. The committee is asking for some fresh and new ideas for entertainment. Send them to batterton2@gmail.com Send artwork submissions to hcsheppardna@gmail.com. P3 reports still sending out over 100 Basic Texts per month. All H&I meetings are suspended. I want to thank Brian and Brenda for continuing the CAR workshops during this time. A special thanks to the folks who have been available to the groups and setting up the Zoom meetings.
As Always, ILS, Diana B

Elkhorn Valley: Elkhorn Valley is overall doing well. During this time, we are combining a list of our zoom meetings for which meetings are having them. I will combine them in an email to Kendra. H&I has been suspended right now. There was a to have zoom meeting in our Area.

Fremont: Absent

Great Plains: Things in the Great Plains Area have slowed down, so I don't have much to report. Due to current guidelines and suggestions we did not hold our Area meeting this month. The various meeting places that meetings were being held at have been closed for now. I have heard of a few physical meetings taking place, but the groups involved with our area have been complying with the suggestions and not physically meeting. There are groups that have started zoom meetings. And those meetings are listed on the region website. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. Thank you for letting me be of service. Brian P

Platte Valley: Absent; no report.

Southeastern: SENANA is alive and well. Not much to report. Area was cancelled for April do to the virus and no business that needed tended to. Our area has done a good job at following WHO and governor guidelines to practice social distancing. It has been a challenge, but we are all doing our best! There are still a few meetings

that continue to meet at a different venue, and from what I understand are adhering to the guidelines. We have several home groups that are doing the zoom meetings. Thank you, Sam, for helping all of us in our area and region to set these up!! Hoping More to be revealed in May!! In loving service Kimberly

RD Report: I will defer my report to Brenda D. ILS Brian S.

Alt RD Report: Greetings NA Family,

The last few months have been exciting (and busy)! In January, Brian and I attended the multi-region CAR/CAT (Conference Agenda Report/ Conference Approval Track) workshop in Dallas, Texas. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to attend this... it gave me some insight on how to relay some of this information back to our Region! It also was a good opportunity for some of those regions to further explain why they made the proposals. In February, I attended the zonal meeting in Oklahoma. I met our World Board Contact, Lib E from New Zealand. She was very interested about the recovery here and asked lots of questions. She also made it very clear that she was available for any questions or concerns that we have. The zonal meeting went well, some of the open positions are Facilitator, Co-Facilitator, Secretary, Treasurer, SBTW, IT, PR. So please let your Area's and groups know and if someone who has the qualifications and interest, please encourage them to consider this. PSZF will be meeting virtually April 19th and May 27th and in person July 17-19 in the new Area in South Dakota to have a weekend of workshops to help them with the basics. South Dakota Region is struggling, and any support we can offer them would be great! So, if you can come encourage them, please pencil in the weekend in July! If you would like more information on this, please let me know.

I want to take a minute to thank everyone... In March, as I started watching things falling apart in our nation, I also saw our Area's and groups come together to help each other. We received information that the World Service Conference is paused, and the World Service Offices are closed. They are still deciding the best way to go forward, and most likely the WSC will be held virtually. During the last webinar, they asked us 3 questions.

1) Do we still wish to hold a scaled down and segmented virtual WSC 2020 using Zoom for the purpose of addressing the most urgent business? If not, do you have another idea for how we should proceed with the World Service responsibilities?

2) If so, do we want to use the week originally scheduled for the WSC (April 26th to May 2nd) or reschedule based on your ideas?

3) What items do we have to address and what times would we like to address?

My answers were if we do it should only be about Budget. We are struggling to try and keep our Groups together and still reach out to the Newcomer. So, my question to you (Our Members) would your answers be different to those questions? And, How would you like the Delegate Team to respond the next set of questions?

I would also like to thank the people at the Plain States Zone for stepping up and helping with zoom training and meetings! During the last meeting several different questions were asked about how the groups and Areas are doing. I sent these out in an email on 3-29-20. Those questions were Are most of your groups meeting virtually? Are some still meeting face-to face? How are the groups handling 7th tradition if any? Are there any services still being offered or being offered on a virtual platform? (H&I, PR, Jails, detox) Have the groups been able to hold a group conscience? Virtually? Are Area's having any virtual committee meetings? Are there fliers on doors? How are they communicating with newcomers? I haven't had anyone respond, so I'm hoping it will be addressed in Area reports. Another question I had after the email was sent out was if those meetings being held virtually were sent on to the Nebraska Region Webpage? (Facebook is an outside entity and although we use this to communicate, it isn't part of our service structure and not everyone has it) As with everything in our program from phone lines to H & I, PSZF is offering some zoom hosting training on Monday, Wednesday and Friday at 5:30pm CST. They are also asking how they can help... I also sent out a template for PR in your Area's... hope that helps.

UPDATE on WSC... we received an email a couple days ago informing us that:

We received responses from 120 Conference participants 96.8% of regional and zonal delegates. We are grateful that there was clear support for a direction for us to move forward together.

Survey Results

The questions that received support from two-thirds or more of Conference participants are:

- ☉ Do you support proceeding virtually with a partial WSC 2020 to decide essential business only?
- ☉ If a virtual partial WSC 2020 is approved, do you support conducting discussions and decisions on the minimum - an emergency budget and the project plans outlined in the 2020 CAT?
- ☉ If a virtual partial WSC 2020 is approved, do you support conducting discussions and decisions on the *FIPT* operational rules moratorium end date?
- ☉ If a virtual partial WSC 2020 is approved, do you support conducting Elections?
- ☉ If approved, should the partial virtual WSC 2020 be scheduled at two sessions of two hours per meeting day between 25 April and 3 May?

The rest of the questions were not supported by two-thirds or more. All of the results are provided to you with this email and are posted on www.na.org/conference.

Partial Virtual WSC Plan

We are recommending that we convene this first partial, virtual WSC 2020 as follows:

Two sessions per day scheduled from 11 am 1 pm and 2-4 pm Pacific Daylight Time

Friday Sunday	24-26 April
Wednesday	29 April
Saturday-Sunday	2-3 May

On the closing weekend, participants will have to decide whether to leave WSC 2020 open until a future date (of their determination) for *CAR* motions, most CAT motions including seating, and other issues. We hope this finds everyone safe and healthy. – World Board

We have a total of 12 member's votes for the Conference Agenda Report.

Finally, I would like this body to consider meeting again virtually before we are scheduled to meet again in July. Everything is changing daily, and to fully support our groups, I feel that the communication bridge between us needs to happen before July. If there is anything, I can do to help any of the Area's or groups, please contact me... I'm happy to serve.

In grateful loving service,
Brenda
RDA

Sub- Committees (3:20 PM)

NRCNA XXXVII: We are on time. We didn't have a meeting this month because of current events. We have Colicchie signed up for the entertainment. We have the tapers and merchandising signed up. We really don't have any issues going on. As of right now, a lot of our functions have not been canceled. This may be something we experience in the future but as of right now we have not had any. We are working on putting together a zoom format for our Convention Committee to meet. ILS, Donald P.

General Assembly: We had 9 people attend. We started with 12. It was nice to have some direction for our Region. We don't have anything planned for the next general assembly so that will be left open.

H&I: Hello Everyone, Obviously with everything going on, H&I has been limited. Areas are continuing to do what they can. For example, holding meetings through zoom for certain facilities and working to see if this is an option in others. Also, P3 is continuing to get literature into facilities. While this pandemic has and continues to have a major effect on being able to get the message of NA, it is good to see that Areas continue to do what they can to overcome this in the meantime. Central has gotten zoom meetings set up at the Bridge in Hastings for H&I starting this Thursday. John D contacted Detox and the treatment center in Grand Island and as of right now they are not able to do zoom meetings. All eastern Nebraska's H&I is currently shut down. Our P3 efforts remain about the same. We are sending out an average of 100 Basic Texts each month. Buffalo county jail is

on lockdown. I have not been notified about the status of Lincoln & Keith county, but probably the same. ILS, Tera

Outreach: There is not a whole lot that I can do. I do have 9 starter kits for new groups that are getting started. That is pretty much all we have going on right now. ILS Donald P.

Policy: Hello Family. I have recently completed any updates to the Policies of the Nebraska Regional Service Committee of Narcotics Anonymous based on input from members who pointed out some discrepancies in the document. I want to ensure the committee that no policies have been changed. The new document simply reflects corrections to grammar, current procedures, and consistency of information. I have forwarded the revised document to the IT Chairperson to post on the NRSC website with the following changes:

Change	Reason for change
Section I. AGENDA	
B. Inserted "Read purpose statement (page 2)"	The committee performs this task but was not outlined in the original agenda.
Section I.A.h. Sub Committee Chairs	
10. Added "Sponsorship Behind the Walls Liaison"	This subcommittee chair did not appear in the original document.
Section I.E.d. Sub Committee Reports	
9. Added "Sponsorship Behind the Walls Liaison"	This subcommittee chair did not appear in the original document.
Section I.G. 10 Minute Break	
Added "10 Minute Break"	The committee performs this function, but it did not appear in the original document.
Section I.K. Review and Closing	
<ul style="list-style-type: none"> Original Text: The Chair will outline the business covered in the meeting, reminding the RCM's of the items that are to be taken back to their Area/Groups, and reminding members of any Commitments made during the meeting. Revised Text: Chair will ask the Secretary to read the business covered in the meeting as a reminder of items to be taken back to Areas/Groups, and of any other commitments made during the meeting. 	This is the current procedure, but it is not outlined properly in the original document.
Section I.L. announce location and hosting are of the next NRSC business meeting	This is the current procedure, but it is not outlined properly in the original document.
Section I.M List open regional service positions	This is the current procedure, but it is not outlined properly in the original document.
Section I.N. Read information applicable to the next NRSC business meeting from ADDENDUM B	This is the current procedure, but it is not outlined properly in the original document.
Section II.D.b. Responsibilities	
<ul style="list-style-type: none"> Added "4. Oversees automatic payments for website, storage, and insurance" 	This is a current function of this position but does not appear in the original document.
Section II.F.b. Responsibilities	
<ul style="list-style-type: none"> Added "15. May act as a co-signer on RSC bank account" 	Maintain consistency with Section VIII.A.c. of the existing policy document.
Section III.A.b.6.	
<ul style="list-style-type: none"> Original Text: Budget of \$200.00 quarterly, of which \$50 is for the printing of meeting lists. (10/15) Revised Text: Budget of \$200.00 quarterly, of which \$100 is for the printing of 2000 meeting lists. (10/15) 	Maintain consistency with ADDENDUM C from the revised policy document.

PI: Hello family, here what was discussed today in the P.I. meeting. Some Area P.I. Chairs were not present and where noted. If anyone knows who the chair is for these Areas, please let me know.
 EVANA – P.I. Chair - Carlos S. has been having planning meetings with others in the area and figuring out what to do next in steps to take a presentation into professionals to introduce what NA or continue a relationship with these facilities. There is a hold on the P.I. planning meetings as of right now, but Carlos and I will talk further. Christine F. proxy for Carlos S.
 Columbus – P.I. chair ((not sure who the P.I. chair is))
 Central – P.I. chair – Bill Smith
 Eastern – P.I. chair – Mark B. Our Area chose not to meet in March, all of our commitments are on hold as of right now, there is a billboard up in Omaha – PSA on this board, it is a reduced rate, the initial set up and print up was \$1000.00. They put it where there is a less desirable area. If you are interested in some of this information, contact Mark B. 125 days it had been up. Budgeted \$2000.00, and it has been up to over 165 days. If any area or the

Regional P.I. Chair is interested in that contact Mark B. It is a self-sustaining thing. Mark B.

Fremont – P.I. chair ((not sure who the P.I. chair is))

Great Plains – P.I. chair ((not sure who the P.I. chair is))

South Eastern – P.I. chair – Sam S. We are not able to meet, and Area decided not to meet, located they were not able to go in anyway. Keeping up with meeting lists that changing. People have been reaching out to treatment centers and facilities to get going in. We are still in conversations about getting a NA PSA on the radio. Sam S. ILS, Christine F.

IT: 1) Please make sure you are submitting all meeting changes and zoom meeting information to it_committee@nebraskana.org

2) 2 new pages on the web site. Zoom meeting information page and NA group reading cards page

3) Also, contact me about any activities that are currently posted that have been canceled or postponed
In loving service Sam S

Archives: Everything is safe and tucked away. It's all I got. ILS Dick T.

SBTW: Sponsorship Behind the Walls is still going. The workgroup has decided not to send information to new facilities for this month due to the pandemic. We are, however still in need of sponsors for the facilities we are in already! There are two online sponsor orientations scheduled for April, one on the 20th and one on the 25th. I have sent a flyer to everyone on the email list for this body. If you have 3 years clean and have worked all 12 steps, please sign up. Addicts in prisons are a very isolated group and we have an opportunity to help them feel connected by working the steps!

I.L.S.

Tommy N

Old Business (3:41 PM):

Region nominations were voted on.

Open Positions:

Vice-Chair

Treasurer

Break (3:55 PM)

General Discussion - Open Floor (4:10 PM)

(All proposals have been rewritten from their verbal form into the format from our Proposal Slip. This is to make this section more organized and provide additional clarity to our members in the Regional Meeting Minutes since the proposal slip was not available during our Regional Business Meeting.)

- We have gathered information from the RCM's on their contact information. Not everyone is checking their emails in between Region meetings. We were going to mail this out to the RCM's and make it available on the website however, this puts our RCM's personal information out on the internet. Not all of our RCM's have a personal inbox on the website that they can get emails. If you would like a personal email address linked to an RCM inbox on our website, please email it_committee@nebraskana.org.
- Donations from Areas should be sent to Dean's address. Please contact him at treasurer@nebraskana.org to get this information.
- For our 7th tradition, members can utilize Zale, Venmo, PayPal, etc. to take in donations during meetings. I would like to know more about this if anyone has any information on this to have a tool to utilize. – Brent D.
 - That is one of the things that we will be discussing at the zonal meeting being held on Zoom April 19th. If we have a treasurer for the group. We can communicate through the text messages with the group without your social security number being tied to the account. You may want to sit in on the Zonal meeting. – Brian S. & Brenda D. (Zonal Meeting information is available on www.pszfna.org)
- Brenda D. – We would like the vote of confidence from Region to be able to carry your voice at the WSC. We talked about it in January. We are not sure what we are getting into once we get there. How do you feel

about a town hall for the CAR/CAT? We can set this up on Zoom. Do you think we should do training? How do you feel about the meeting?

- A straw poll was taken to have an additional Region meeting to obtain more information on what our Area's need during this time and better to be able to and 14 yes – 3 abstains.

- **Proposal #1:**

To meet again before the July Region to keep our members in the loop. This would take place on May 30th at 1 PM (revised from May 23rd).

Intent: To help our RCMs and Areas obtain and receive information more effectively.

Submitted By: Brenda D.

Date: 4/11/20

Votes were tallied at 12-4. A discussion was held.

- Kendra D. voiced that it has been very difficult in obtaining information from RCMs and members for what is going on in our Areas and being able to give info out to our Areas.
- It was brought up that this was Memorial weekend. A vote was taken again for May 30th to be the date for a meeting to be held.
A vote was taken on the time being at 1 PM.

Passed by consensus (16-0)

- **Proposal #2:** Requesting that our Region take a vote for the RD and Alt. RD to carry a vote of confidence as trusted servants while attending the WSC.

Intent: To be able to carry a vote of our Region at the WSC since we are unsure of what we are getting into when we attend.

Submitted By: Brian S & Brenda D.

Passed By Consensus (5-0)

- Barry has slotted us into the July 11 Region Business Meeting date. This is as a backup in case we are unable to meet physically.
- How are we going to do proposal slips because we do not have a physical slip?
- Sam S. sent out a Doc. Format of the proposal slips to send out to RCM's attached to the Region Minutes email. These could be sent to Kendra D. via email.
- It was suggested to move our break between Open Floor and New business, so RCMs have a chance to get this filled out. Again, once filled out, please send it to secretary@nebraskana.org.
- A Doc. Format Proposal Slip was made available to members to fill out and be able to submit to secretary@nebraskana.org for future Region Business meetings. This will also be sent out to RCMs in the Regional Meeting minutes via Email.

- **Proposal #3:** To make available RCMs email addresses, phone numbers, or necessary contact information (phone to the Administrative Committee (Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Secretary). Intent: To assist our administrative committee to be able to contact RCMs and obtain and distribute information more effectively. Financial Impact: \$0.00 Submitted By Kendra D. A vote was held and was held. **Passed by consensus (16-0)**

- Since the WSC is shutdown currently, donations can be made online at www.na.org.

- Barry (from the zone) and Sam have been working to have Zoom meeting information upon both websites, but it has been like pulling teeth to get the info. Members shared that they would like this information available and asked if their Area's zoom meetings are listed.
 - Sam S. reiterated that it is hard to know what meetings information has been obtained because we do not know what meetings are now available online. The information has not been communicated. It is hard to correlate the information on the existing meetings (that we are already aware of in our Areas), with the open/closed status meeting and, any zoom info that is available for members to be able to attend their regular meetings using the zoom platform.

A reminder to all RCMs. Please make Zoom meeting information available in your email including Meeting ID, Call in Phone Numbers, Links, Passwords, etc.

- If you click the invitation portion in the meeting settings, the phone in option is listed right there on the invitation. It usually also has several different phone numbers for different areas across the U.S.
 - Sam S.

Nominations:

Regional Service Positions:

Treasurer

Vice-Chair

Regional Delegate

Convention 38 We have no bids (2021). This is still open.

Zonal Positions are open as well.

The next Region will be revisited during the meeting on May 30, 2020, 2020. This is an informal meeting. We will discuss putting together the General Assembly at that time.

Nebraska Regional Service Meeting Information:

Saturday May 30, 2020 1pm – 4:30pm CST

URL To Join Zoom Meeting: <https://zoom.us/j/91738010430>

Meeting ID: 917 3801 0430

Dial by your location:

+1312-626-6799 917-380-10430 US (Chicago)

+1646-876-9923 917-380-10430 # US (New York)

+1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

+1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

+1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

+1 253 215 8782 US

+1 301 715 8592 US

Meeting ID: 917 3801 0430

Proposal To Close (5:03 PM)