



NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS

NEBRASKA REGIONAL SERVICE COMMITTEE

July 8th, 2017
Grand Island, NE

3:05 pm Kirby Z. opened with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer.

Twelve Traditions: Anita T.

Twelve Concepts: Dean B.

Executive Committee:

Chairperson: Kirby Z, harleyguykirby@gmail.com

Vice Chair: Monica T, monicainkearney@gmail.com

Treasurer: Dean B, dino8it2@gmail.com

Vice-Treasurer: Open

Secretary: Amber S, bizzlebeauty@gmail.com., Kendra D (Proxy), kendradike@hotmail.com

RD: Brian S, briansanders51@gmail.com

Alt. RD: Open

Area RCM's:

Columbus: Mark W, markw12stpn@yahoo.com

Central: Tracey K , jamespeterson70@icloud.com

Eastern: Anita T, ladygwennavere35

Platte Valley: Jeff S, sprenkle.180@gmail.com (This Area will have voting rights at next NRSC)

Elkhorn: Travis W, spyderwebb1973@gmail.com

Fremont: Tammy B. brabectamara@gmail.com

Great Plains: Deborah T, Kendra D (Alt) kjsjbm@yahoo.com, kendradike@hotmail.com

Southeastern: Chad J., ssherman@inebraska.com

Sub-Committees:

NRCNA 34 - Tommy A

NRCNA 35 - Deborah T

General Assembly - Diane K (Acting)

Outreach (Open) - Paul (Acting)

Policy (Open) - Diane K (Acting)
P.I. - Tommy N. (Absent), Anita T. (Proxy)
I.T. - Sam T. (Absent), Dick T. (Proxy)
H & I (Open) - Tara N. (Acting)
Archives - Dick T.

Visitors: Jake L., John G, Jess A, Seth R, Lucille H, Amy K, Jeff S, Brenda D, Mike B, Bryan S, Steve H, Darin H, Paul M, Brian W, Mandy P,

Proposal to accept April minutes: Noted that the general assembly topic was to be new Policies by Diane K.; Vice-Treasurer is open for nominations and needs to be listed; this quarter's NRSC date needs to be changed from 7/8/16 to 7/8/17; location of this quarter's NRSC meeting was changed.
Consensus passed to accept minutes as corrected.

Treasurer's Report:

Donations		Expenses		
Area, Group, or Other	Amount	Chk #	Written To - Description/Purpose	Amount
NRSCNA Treasurer Report				
RSC Meeting Date:	7/8/2017		RSC Meeting Beginning Balance:	\$4,508.36
			Prudent Reserve:	\$6,360.00
ENNA	\$8,105.78	1246	Doug Phipps H & I	\$450.18
Elkhorn Valley	\$75.00	1247	Central Area Rent	\$50.00
Great Plains	\$713.63	1248	Bryan Sanders RD	\$900.00
The Ties That Bind	\$71.47	1249	Thomas Newcombe PI	\$200.00
Day by Day	\$40.00			
Chain Breakers	\$39.30			
			EXPENSES SUBTOTAL:	\$1,600.18
		1250	NAWS (WORLD) DONATION:	\$5,593.36
TOTAL DONATIONS:	\$9,045.18		TOTAL EXPENSES:	\$7,193.54
<u>RSC MEETING SUMMARY REPORT</u>				
BEGINNING BALANCE:	\$4,508.36			
TOTAL DONATIONS:	\$9,045.18			
TOTAL EXPENSES:	-\$7,193.54			
ENDING BALANCE:	\$6,360.00			

Area Reports:

Columbus: Hi Family, All is going well in Columbus. We are taking meetings into SOS Treatment Center & Platte County Jail. We are struggling with having enough volunteers to take women's meeting into the jail. We have a new meeting on Tuesday night at 6:30pm at 1571 23rd Ave. We are small but growing and one starting to have more activities. We currently have 19 meetings weekly with the doors open. Thanks, In Loving Service, Mark W.

Central: Hello Family, Central area is going strong. On June 24th 2017 we held an H & I training day which was a success. We trained 29 all together. 22 new people and recruited 7. Hastings group had a speaker in the park day on the 25th with a good turn-out of unity from all areas. We also are hosting Region today with NRCNA function to follow. Our meetings are carrying the message. We have lot of newcomers that are wanting to be involved and being of service. Aurora step-takers will be having a NRCNA fundraiser in Giltner on Sept 23, 2017. Sloppy dogs/ Speaker/ Dance. More will be revealed. In Loving Service, Trace K. RCM

Eastern: Dear Region things are well in ENNA. I come today with a check from close encounters for \$8,105.78. We had a great convention this year and are already planning for things to be even bigger next year. Don't forget to join us last weekend in february 2018 at the Red Lion Hotel/ Convention Center and water park, also known as Coco Keys off of 72nd and Grover in Omaha. There are ton's of events happening around ENNA check us out on facebook at ENNA Activities to see what's going on. Our area will be hosting a workshop on social media and its effects on Narcotics Anonymous as a whole. Watch the activities page for more info. MZSS (Multi Zonal Service Symposium) will be held in Bellevue, NE November of 2018 the 1st through the 4th. Watch for further details. I have come also with new flyers for sponsorship behind the walls. Please take them with you and make copies for your home groups. We are still looking for Regional Liaisons for Iowa and South Dakota. We would like to congratulate Paul Hicks on being elected as our Nebraska Regional Liaison for sponsorship behind the walls. He had other commitments today and should be present at the next region. We are also looking for volunteer sponsors with 3 years of clean time or more who have worked all twelve steps, have a sponsor, ability to pay for postage, willing to go through orientations, and abide by the guidelines, and respond to sponsee letter within two weeks of receipt. We also are looking for people who just want to learn about service. Things are great in ENNA. Come on by and check out what's going on. Hit a meeting or two. Recovery is alive and well. Thanks for letting me serve. ILS Anita T. ENNA RCM

Elkhorn Valley: Hello Family, EVANA is doing well and the groups have sent vote's back with me. EVANA will be putting in a bid today for NRCNA 2019! Also I will be putting a proposal in today also for EVANA to host our next Regional Business Meeting on Oct. 14th 2017 in Norfolk. We will also be making a \$75.00 donation today to Region. ILS Travis W. EVANA

Fremont: Hello Family: Fremont Area is doing good. Fremont Area is having our second Annual pie in the face auction on Aug 12 for a fundraiser for NRCNA 34. Also the library group had a gathering for 18 yrs at the library. The money they collected is going to new soft covered books for the jail. S.O.S group is planning a lunch at the care corp the last Sunday of July to thank care corp. For letting us have meetings there and show the people staying there that there is a brighter side. H & I are

currenting going two times a month to the jail in Saunders County. We have 4 men and 2 women that are doing this. We also are working on more functions for next year freeze out. I'm grateful to be here. Tammy B.

Great Plains: Hello family I am an addict named Deborah. Our mid summers night campout was a great time. We had 25-30 people friday night and 53+ people at the Saturday night speaker meeting. After expenses the event was able to donate \$124.13 to the area. We have crusin in recovery coming July 15th and the flyers are posted on the website, it will be a NRCNA 34 fundraiser. Our area is getting stronger and service positions are being filled. We currently have H&I meetings in Lincoln County (No. Platte) and also in Buffalo County (Kearney). North Platte just started a Saturday women's meeting at 5:30pm. Our area votes are Prop 1-Abstain, Prop 2- passed, nomination of Tera N. for H&I chair passed. . We have several donations today \$71.47 from Ties That Bind/ \$39.30 from Chain Breakers/ \$40.00 from Day by Day/ \$713.63 from Great Plains Area with a total of \$864.40. Thank you for letting me be of service, Deborah T.

Platte Valley: Platte valley have meetings with growing numbers Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday at 8p,. Saturdays at 9pm and Sundays at 7pm H & I twice a month at RWC Jail. McCook Camp Out July 28-30th at Red Willow Res. We are looking to get back into Region. Jeff S.

Southeastern: Recovery is strong in Southeast Nebraska! The newest news from our area is that our Beatrice meetings have joined together and formed their own area called the Blue Valley Area. All of the SENANA meetings are now located in Lincoln & Hebron. NRCNA 34 is scheduled for October 27, 28th, & 29th 2017. Our venue will be the Cornhusker Marriott in Lincoln, NE. Any other convention information can be directed to our convention chair Tommy A. H & I continues to take meetings into a variety of treatment centers, Lancaster County Jail, Women's prison in York and Nebraska State Penitentiary. Our area has requested I submit a proposal to disband the standing convention committee. The intent is to dissolve a non-functioning subcommittee. There will be a formal proposal turned in today. I will offer up this report to the secretary as soon as regional votes are conducted. Committed to my Commitment, Chad J. -SENANA Alternate RCM Regional Votes are included below.

Tera N. - Regional H&I Chair - Yes

Proposal #1 - No

Proposal #2 - Yes

SENANA Functions - Flyers Found @ sena-na.net & nebraskana.org

RD Report: Hi NA Family, Here is what is going on this Quarter with NAWS. The deadline for input on IP mental health/mental illness and the new daily meditation book was June 1st. More will be reported in future NAWS news and the input and more about these projects are online at www.na.org/mhmi and www.na.org/meditationbook. Input for local/service toolbox project and CBDM basics is over as well. Future of the WSC project is what is being discussed this cycle on seating processes and use of time between conferences and that is something our region needs to discuss as well. A virtual seating work group has been formed for this 2018. Their work and world board recommendations on regions applying for seating will be part of the C.A.T. The regional motion deadline is August 1 2017. World Unity Day is September 2 2017, 10 AM PDT. I believe that is 11AM for us. The IDTs can be found online at www.na.org/IDT or if you like I am willing to come and present

a workshop on any of the IDTs. The NAWS annual report is out and can be found at www.na.org/AA2016. The next zonal will be held at Super 8 Hotel 2600 Whitewood service's RD Sturgis, SD 57785 September 15-17 2017. Nothing new to report on finances. We have 985.21 in the RD account. I loaned out the projector to someone this last quarter and it has not been returned. Now here's the hard part, I can't remember who borrowed it, so by the next region I will replace it with one of equal or better abilities. Other than that not much to report. I thank you for allowing me to serve. ILS, Brian S.

Alt. RD Report: None

PM Sub-Committees:

NRCNA XXXVIII: We last met on June 22nd the committee decided on the merchandise for the convention. We will be placing an order of 72 coffee mugs and 110 tshirts and 1 banner. We are still wanting to put on a spaghetti dinner with 1 or 2 speakers and an auction for our own fundraiser. We are just waiting on confirmation on the place and date which should be about September 30th. This is also where we will be drawing for free full registration. Our Sunday morning speaker cancelled on us, we did not choose a new one yet. We will be doing this still this month. This is our treasury report for June.

Deposit: \$245.00 for merchandise
 \$20.00 for fundraising
 \$363.19 from Great Plains Area

Balance:

Bank: \$4777.53
Paypal: \$4.10
Total: \$4784.63

We will be in Kearney on July 15 for Cruizin' In Recovery. Hope to see everyone there. In Loving Service, Tommy A. NRCNA 34 Chair.

NRCNA XXXV: Hello Family I am an addict named Deborah NRCNA 35 committee is strong and on course with the timeline. We meet the first Sunday of every month alternating between North Platte and Kearney. Diane K. from NP was the winner of our art contest. The logo chosen can be found on the website. We do still have Fundraising & Entertainment chair position available and encourage you to get involved. Thank you for letting me be of service. Deborah T.

General Assembly: Approximately 21 members gathered to go over the Proposed Policy Draft that was included in the April, 2017 minutes. We made some changes, so that when the final draft is provided, it will go out for final approval by the groups. Our consensus was to make a proposal today, to adopt the revised Policy with the recommended changes as follows:

- Change Secretary budget from \$150-\$50.
- Change Secretary responsibility for General Assembly over to Vice-Chair, or designee responsibility.
- Change gas reimbursement for both RD and ALT. RD to remove \$.40/ mile, and replace to reimburse for gas receipts.
- Under voting membership, reword "voting members of the region will be elected by the RCM's, to voting members of the Region will be the RCM's.

-Change addendum B (NRSC Timeline) to reflect 2-year terms for RD & Alt. RD
-Correct formatting of addendum C (NRSC Budget) and reflect new budget amount for secretary.
I will get these changes made to the document, and provided to the secretary, if there is consensus to proceed to forward to the groups for a final vote.

Thank you for letting me serve,
Diane K.

H&I: Reports were gathered from ENNA, both parts of Great Plains, Central, Columbus, Platte Valley, EVANA, and Fremont. ENNA is currently improving their DCCJ panel and in general all is well. Great Plains has a jail asking for literature and could use more male H & I participation on one panel, otherwise all is well. Columbus could use more female H & I participation in their jail and is currently doing some step-work stuff, in general all is going alright. Platte Valley jail is going well. EVANA could use more male H & I participation in one of our jails, has done 3 recent H & I trainings, started a new H & I panel in a treatment center, and is mostly doing well. We are currently doing H & I panel leader nominations for all of our panels. Fremont recently was asked to replace hardcover literature with softcover literature in their jail, otherwise all is well. Entral had an H & I training day and all is well. White books were handed out. It sounds to me like our H & I across the Region is doing truly amazing all around. Gratefully In Service, Tera N. (Proxy Doug P.)

Outreach: Paul M. (Proxy) : Area's have been stepping up and helping out with start kits and supplying materials to new meetings that are being started. In Loving Service.

Policy: I will make the changes today that were listed in the General Assembly report, and get them to the Secretary to be included in the Minutes, along with a cheat sheet to assist RCM's and GSR's in explaining changes. See proposal 2. Diane K.

PI: Hello family, I am unable to attend the N.R.S.C.N.A meeting today. I hope everyone is doing well. There is not a lot to report this quarter. There have been a few meeting additions and changes submitted to the meeting list email. A couple individuals also reached out through the meeting list email to inquire about finding meetings or getting meeting lists. Thank you again Dick and Monica T. for updating and printing the meeting lists! The public information subcommittee met today. I.L.S., Tommy N. **Meeting List Report:** 1500 meeting lists and Tommy has paid for them. All is well. Dick T.

IT: I apologize for not being in attendance today I had a family obligation. Not a lot to report it was a very busy quarter for events and web postings thanks for all the flyers. Please remember to try and submit flyers in PDF or JPEG form. Please continue to keep your areas meeting list information current by emailing any changes to meetinglist@nebraskana.org. There have been some recent requests to update some outdated information on the website. This information will be updated very soon. The total number of visits to our page for the months of April, May, and June was 10,822. In loving service, Sam.

Archives: Hello Family, Archives is all well. In Loving Service, Dick T.

Old Business:

Proposal 1: To send a Zonal Representative to the WSC to accompany the RD and ALT RD - 1 time trial.

Financial Impact: approx. \$2,000 (from the Zone)

Proposal Failed

Proposal 2: Approve the Plains State Zonal Forum to host a Basic Meeting List Toolkit server and that Nebraska Regional Service Committee provide a point of contact.

Financial Impact: None

Intent: To better serve member Regions with correct as can be meeting lists information.

Proposal Passed by Consensus

Nominations:

Tera N. for H & I Chair- **Passed by consensus.**

Open Floor:

Brenda D. - I have a report from Multi-Zonal Service Symposium and a flyer to pass out from Amanda M. Please pick one up.

MZSS Report: Dear region, The Multi Zonal Service Symposium is being held in Bellevue (Omaha), Nebraska November 2-4, 2018!!!!!! The programming workgroup has started meeting and is interested in what workshop topics the local fellowship is interested in having that weekend. So we created a survey. There are paper copies being handed out today-please take back to your areas and groups. They can be filled out as an individual, group, or area, and there's a space on the back to let us know how you filled it out. Make more copies if you'd like. We have a PDF document that can be emailed out to RCM's or anyone interested in helping shape what workshops happen at this service learning weekend. Please scan or take a picture (both sides) and email back to Brenda D or Amanda M (host@mzssna.org), or you can hand deliver to us too. We also have the survey online, so you can fill it out that way if you'd rather. The link to that is [https:// www.surveymonkey.com/r/HQLY33V](https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HQLY33V) and that link address is also on the paper copy. Fill out as soon as you can and return to us. You can also turn them into us as late as the next Region meeting in October. Thank you for helping make this a service learning weekend that is useful for our local fellowship! Amanda M is host coordinator and is forming a host workgroup, so please get in contact with her if interested in helping with the hosting tasks or any other area of involvement. Email to host@mzssna.org. The host workgroup hasn't started meeting yet, but will start late summer/early fall. For now we are just working on spreading the word of the event, so everyone can plan for some asphalt recovery that weekend and get involved if they want to. The theme is "Unity in Action" and the deadline for logo submissions is July 10th (tomorrow). If you have artwork ideas by then, send to facilitator@mzssna.org. The main workgroup call is Wednesday July 12th at 7pm CST. We meet via Zoom (it's like Skype). You can join from your computer or phone. If you want to be on that call, email the facilitator and they'll send you the link and instructions to join. With love and gratitude in service, Amanda M host@mzssna.org

Anita T. - If you have new sponsees, taking them to MZSS is a good way to get them involved. Take them around and introduce them to new people and show them what NA is all about.

Diane K. - As far as the policy goes on the timeline, I need to ask Dean if our fiscal year ends at the end of January. Is that why it is on the bottom of the Budget year, because the audit happens then too.

Diane K. - Are there new group packets available, because we have some new groups that could use them. Paul does not have any and they need to be purchased but it would be out of pocket.

Brian S. - WSC seating, Is there anyway that we would be interested in having a conversation with your group or area to pull up the website and review this information. What is going on at the WSC. The last couple cycles have been crazy. We have been on new business for hours and only get a few proposals taken care of. WSC realizes that there needs to be changes and have put together a few ideas and would like input from groups on how we process information. You can now pay 4,000\$ to go to World for NAWS. There is a lot of talk of approval for a C.A.R being created for surveys in groups so that the groups have a say in the C.A.R. It is putting the power back in the hands of the groups. At the last WSC there was over 200 people seated, it can be complicated with a lot of strong opinions. This is a way that we can look at getting what we want instead of members feeling like the WSC is controlling. The last C.A.R we did some work on it and the last opinion from Regions is that the WSC is over seated. It has been an issue on spending so much on having a WSC.. If we don't have input from our Areas/ Groups, then I don't know how to carry your voice. We had 30-40 people at one C.A.R, but otherwise usually get 20, this last time we had 60-70 because we utilized online help. Be a part of the solution, give your groups the information you have and online about NAWS to have our voice heard. There are 67,000 meetings a week in the world and as a whole consensus we can change things.

Monica T- Get Brian's phone number (**402-631-8442**) number and he would be more than happy to get together and sit down with your group and explain some of this if you don't understand it.

4:02 pm Break:

4:18 pm New Business:

Proposal 1: Elkhorn Valley Area Host the next Regional Business Meeting on October 14 2017 at Taha Zouka Park in the clubhouse. Norfolk, NE.

Intent: To keep EVANA's tradition to coincide our Halloween function with Region.

Financial Impact: None

Submitted by Travis W.

Passed by consensus

Proposal 2: To adopt the revised policies based on the recommendations of the July, 2017 General Assembly. Intent: No revised hard copy of our NRSC Policies have been updated since April/ 2014. The revisions include guidelines for CBDM, new formatting for easier use, and other changes recommended by the work groups of the January and July, 2017 General Assemblies.

Financial Impact: None

Submitted by Diane K

Passed by consensus to take back to groups (Diane will provide a cheat sheet for RCM's/GSR's to use in explaining.)

THIS NEEDS TO GO TO GROUPS FOR FINAL CONSENSUS

Proposal 3: To disband the NRCNA Standing Committee.

Intent: To dissolve a non functioning committee, since it has not been active since its inception.

Brian - It is not done to try to control our convention it is done to try to serve our communities the best way possible and be responsible with our funds.

Financial Impact: None

Submitted by Chad J.

Passed by consensus. This body voted to remove it from the proposed draft of Policy.

Proposal 2 would include this, and the decision made on it will be the deciding factor.

Proposal 4: The Elkhorn Valley Area to host NRCNA 2019 in Norfolk October 4,5,6 2019. **Dawn B. is nominated for the NRCNA 36 Chair** (bio attached). Letter from the hotel to follow:

Thank you for the opportunity to do this proposal for the NRCNA Convention. Our "Bid Proposal" highlights what our property can offer and we would very much like to serve your group and would be able to offer the meeting space at no charge. We are excited about our new addition which offers some very nice amenities, an additional two great meeting/ social areas and indoor "green space", as well as a spa, plus 38 additional rooms. I have included the proposal for year 2019. Guest rooms are \$91.00 per night plus 10.5% tax (5.5% state and 5% lodging taxes). We are also doing 3 complimentary rooms for up to 3 nights each. Hospitality Room is being furnished at no charge and all meeting space is complimentary. No down payment is required and there is no criteria to be met regarding meeting room night totals. In 2014 your group booked 62 rooms for an average of 2 nights each. I did increase the room count to 72. The rooms do "fall off" or become available to the general public after September 19, 2019. Until that time they are reserved specifically for your group. We will do the first 9 gallons of coffee complimentary. After that, the cost is \$22. Per gallon for coffee. Providing space for merchandising is not an issue. It looks like we may have used the Nebraska Room for auction items when you were here in 2014. On the Conference Center side, you will be billed for food and beverage only. I do not believe there are any hidden charges. If there is an additional component or something that you would like to see as part of your event, please let me know. We do have the large firepit in the tent that is great for gather around, plus two outdoor fireplaces that work for cooking Smores. If you have any questions, please feel free to call. My cell phone is 402-649-0699. You may also reach me at my office extension, 402-844-2988, or by email at dherrick@divotsconference.com. Fax number is 402-371-8007. Again, thank you for your consideration and we hope to see you in Norfolk!

Regards Donna Herrick, owner

Divots Conference Center and Norfolk Lodge & Suites

4200 West Norfolk Avenue

Norfolk, NE 68701

Intent: To help carry the message

Financial Impact: None

Submitted by Travis W.

Passed by consensus to take back to Groups.

THIS NEEDS TO GO TO GROUPS FOR FINAL CONSENSUS

Please bring nominations for RSC Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Treasurer, Vice-Treasurer, ALT RD, Outreach Chair, Policy Chair, PI Chair, IT Chair, and Archives Chair.

Next NRSC October 14 2017, at Taha Zouka Park in the clubhouse, 2201 South 13th St. Norfolk, NE.

Proposal to Close - by Deborah T, Second by Anita T. **Passed by consensus**

Meeting closed, followed by Gratitude Prayer