



Nebraska Regional Service Committee of Narcotics Anonymous

July 9, 2022 Giltner, Ne.

Monica T. opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer.

Twelve Traditions: Read by Rocky R. **Twelve Concepts:** Read by Jamon C.

Executive Committee:

Chairperson: Monica T.
Vice-Chair: Mark W.
Treasurer: Tera N.
Vice-Treasurer: (Open)
Secretary: Sue H.. (Proxy)
RD: Brenda D.
Alt RD: (Open)

Sub-Committees

NRCNA 38: Tommy N. & Samantha
General Assembly: Brenda D
Outreach: (Open)
Policy: Ariel W.
P.I.: Open
I.T.: Sam S.
H&I: Tracy K.
Archives: Dick T.
SBTW Liaison: (Open)

Area RCM's:

Columbus: Wes R. (Proxy)
Central: John D.
Eastern: Zach M.
Elkhorn Valley: Tommy N.
Fremont: Mike, Proxy.
Great Plains: Debra T.
Platte Valley: Absent
Southeastern: John H.

Visitors: Jamon C., Bre C., Kora C., Morgan H., Jordan B., Greg C., Paul H., Jesse L., Ali A.,

Consensus to Accept Last Meetings Minutes: Error was corrected, then Passed By Consensus

Treasurer's Report:

NRSCNA Treasurer Report

RSC Meeting Date 4/09/2022 RSC Meeting Beginning Balance: \$7,325.00 Prudent Reserve: \$7,325.00

Donations		EXPENSES			
Area, Group, or Other	Amount	Chk #	Written To - Description/Purpose	Amount	
PI Return \$	\$200.00	1362	Website	\$17.99	
Aurora Step Takers	\$100.00	1363	Post office box rent	\$166.00	
ENNA	\$14,894.00	1364	July Rent	\$50.00	
Freemont	\$350.00	1365	RD & Alt. RD	\$250.00	
Great Plains	\$162.82	1366	Secretary	\$50.00	
Hope Group	\$500.00	1367	PL Meeting lists	\$100.00	
EVANA	\$96.00	1368	Zonal 25%	\$3,918.71	
			EXPENSES SUBTOTAL	\$4,552.70	
		1369	NAWS (WORLD) DONATION	\$11,750.12	
TOTAL DONATIONS:	\$16,302.82		TOTAL EXPENSES:	\$16,302.82	

<u>RSC MEETING SUMMARY REPORT</u>					
BEGINNING BALANCE: \$7,325.00					
TOTAL DONATIONS: \$16302.82					
EXPENSES: -\$16302.82					
ENDING BALANCE: \$7,325.00					

Area Reports:

Columbus: Hi I am Wes I am a addict - Our Columbus fellowship continues to have smaller fantastic meetings. We have our 8 pm Saturday meeting at Lake North, with camp fire hot dogs, s'mores and fishing for the kids. Our jail has suffering addicts whom do not speak English, many illegals; we donated 2 Spanish bt's, 2 JFT, 2 living clean, 2 step guides and 2 IWH&W. After donating at jail we were told they are having meetings in the pods. Our literature is so so amazing. We also have a Spanish guide on having meetings we donate. We pray all is well today with all. Love Wes

Central: Hello Family! Thank you for letting me be of service. I would like to apologize for the changing of location for this quarters Region Meeting. Central Area is alive and well. . In loving service John D

Eastern: Hello Family, In no particular order here is our area's report:

1. Yeah we donated a total of \$14,894 to region today.
2. CECK 2023 is full speed ahead and still in the midst of our planning and organizing.
3. P3 steak feed is still happening in Omaha Oct. 1st! Come support an amazing cause and enjoy an excellent meal!
4. Morgaine H was elected as our Alt. RCM. Please give her a warm NA welcome!
5. One member expressed interest in possibly hosting NRCNA in 2023
6. There are 2 new meetings that were established over the last 3 months. One is on Thursday night from 6-7pm in West Omaha which doesn't see have much NA presence. The other is a women's meeting in Council Bluffs at noon. Please see Omaha-na.org for location address and details.- ILS- Zach M.

Elkhorn Valley: Hello Family,

Things are going good in the EVANA area. Thank you to those who helped support our recent campouts and functions, like the Moon Light Madness Campout and Beat the Heat function! **There are some cool events coming up too.** The Steppin' at the Lake men's campout will be July 29th through 31st. The Flow of Hope Clean Float is August 19th through August 21st. July 23rd, the Surgery of the Spirit Group of NA is having their annual picnic. I am excited about our newest meeting, the No Name Group of NA that meets at 5:15 PM on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at 1208 W Norfolk Ave. They have two upcoming speaker events, one on July 11th and one on July 22nd. There will be food starting at 5 PM, followed by the meeting at 5:15 PM.

Our fellowship continues to grow, with new members coming in constantly. Of course, this brings the occasional growing pains. At the Beat the Heat function, a meeting etiquette workshop was held and received well. I hope some of our GSRs were able to make it to the General Assembly today.


We are making a \$96 donation to NRSCNA today. I.LS. Tommy N.

Fremont: Hello family, Happy to be here today; Fremont area is well. We had a great nrcna fundraiser, pie in the face and donated well to nrcna. Our PI learning day went okay too even though attendance was low. Wednesday night meeting that was held at the library is now being held at good shepard church for at least 9mnths to a yr, and the region lists have been updated so thank you for that. H&I is going well; we take both mens and women's meetings to both Saunders County and Washington county jails. The ladies even have an omaha member assisting with coverage for the washington county meeting. We have brought back the speaker meeting every first Sunday of the month at the 7pm meeting and we are always looking for speakers; it is a pot luck meeting so show up and bring food. Fremont area is donating \$350 to region. In loving service, Michael B

Great Plains: Hello family, North Platte meetings are doing well. Kearney meetings are struggling. Monday night and Wednesday night meetings have folded. Mid-Summers Night event had 10 people for the Saturday campfire speaker, was amazing meeting. One tent camped there on Saturday. Proposal #5 voted yes. Lincoln county Jail; Men's meetings average 12 at each meeting, and gave out 23 white books this quarter. Have 4 volunteers. Lincoln county Jail; Women's meetings average 3 at each meeting, one received a Basic Text. Have 5 volunteers. Buffalo county Jail still on lockdown. Did drop off the Intro guides & white books that Region H&I gave us.

Combined our H&I and PI committees into one now called Public Relations. Starting to use Zoom platform for Area meetings, as gas prices are ridiculous. We are making a donation today of \$162.82. Thank you for letting me be of service, Deborah T

Southeastern: Hello NA family from SENANA. We are pleased to be able to go back into some of the jails in our area to spread our experience, strength and hope. Our area is now working toward going back into the facilities we were going into before covid, either in person or zoom. Our area is experiencing a shortage of women to carry the message though, and an H & I workshop has been set up for July 23rd in Peter Pan park at 11:00 a.m. There will be speakers and food. We are also having a swimming/speaker event on July 15th, a campout with speakers on Sept. 9th and a picnic with speakers on Sept 17th. All pertinent information for these events can be found at <https://sena-na.net/activities/>. Our PI committee has brought to us the costs and location availability of using a billboard to help carry the message in our area. This is something we are looking into as an area. Thank you all for continuing to carry the message to the addicts in and outside of the room of Narcotics Anonymous. In loving service, John H.

RD Report: Greetings NA family, I'm grateful to see you all today... Lots has been happening, so let's just dig right in... I attended the Interim Virtual World Service Conference at the end of April. Recap – all motions passed and we have a new book!! Spiritual Principle a Day should be out later this year in print.. until then, you can sign up for a daily email (like Just For Today) at na.org/subscribe. And just a reminder, this is now fellowship approved literature and can be utilized at meetings. Also, they are starting discussions on the Future of the WSC. It seems there will be motions submitted this fall to change the cycle from 2 years to 3 years on a trial basis for the next 2 cycles. This is something that will affect this region as far as term limits for delegate team and their budget. I would appreciate any feed back about this! The two letters of recommendation can be found at the na.org website or I have hardcopies here. Plains States Zonal Forum was in South Dakota in May. New trusted servants stepped into positions.. Facilitator – Barry B, Co-Facilitator – Beth N., Secretary – Tonya, Treasurer – Natalie IT – intent to fill, SBTW – Sam, PR – Sally R nominated. We had a great PR presentation from the NEZF (North East Zonal Forum) with lots of great ideas and information. We had a SBTW training and they could really use addicts to step up and get trained.. letters are starting to come in. They also could use new volunteers to step up into their workgroup positions. There is also an informational zoom meeting tomorrow (Sunday July 10) from 2pm – 7pm to discuss the Collaboration of US Zones (something similar to APF or EDM). If anyone is interested, please see me after the meeting today and I will get you the information. There is a YAP# available on the PSZF webpage... so please keep those meeting lists current! Those changes electronically are effective immediately. Next meeting is August 2022. The June Conference Participant's Webinar started the conversations about the Board recommendation on trying two 3-year cycles with an interim meeting between in-person meetings. They asked us 3 questions... 1) What are your thoughts on the overall approach laid out in the report? 2) Do you have any ideas to share about vetting CAR motions or other ways to improve collaboration on the CAR? 3) How can we make the planning process more robust and inclusive? We also received a financial update in June (Keeping their commitment to provide CP's with a financial update every two months) One of those updates was about a 12% increase in literature orders effective January 2023. To reduce the impact on groups, we are not increasing prices for the materials they frequently give away – IPs', booklets, keytags and chips. Other things you can participate in...
o Virtual Meeting Basics are out for Delegate review...
o Surveys on the Loner IP (Aug 2022) and DRT/MAT (Nov 2022) are available on the Projects and Survey page at na.org/projects
o Audio soundtrack of Attracting Members to Service webinar
o NAWS web meeting about new ideas for Fellowship development (today July 9) and will be available on audio later
o Contributions can now be done online... there is also a QR code available. There is also a list of electronic payment options for groups to use if they want to do 7th tradition that way.
o Unity Day is Sept 3 and there will be an epic recovery meeting streaming that day. (Flyer available)
o NAWS News came out June 2022
o Get hooked up on Slack 
o NEW – 60th Anniversary Edition White Booklet is available at the webstore
There's a lot going on... if you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me! Thank you for letting me serve!
In loving service, Brenda

Sub- Committees

NRCNA 38: Hello Family, Wow, October is coming quick! We are ramping up for NRCNA in Norfolk on October 14th through the 16th. We have our main speakers, taper, merchandise vendors, Saturday night entertainment, and fellowship meal set and ready to go! There is still a ton of work to be done. We will be voting on final artwork design for convention t-shirts, banner etc. at our next planning meeting on August 6th. If anyone in your areas have artwork ideas, please get them to me so they can be considered for the design for our final t-shirts and what not. We will be having a work day meeting on July 23rd so subcommittees can get some work done for things like workshop schedules, figuring out registration bag contents, planning for hospitality room and marathon meetings, and raffle/auction.

We need areas, groups, and/or members who are willing to step up and help man the hospitality room, chair marathon meetings, and donate raffle and auction items. You can reach out to me at (402) 649 8457 or tommynewcombe@yahoo.com and I can get you in touch with the appropriate subcommittee chair, I will be sending flyers out with the correct contact info for those needs soon.

We have about \$6000 at this moment, with many expenses coming out, such as airfare, registration items, and more shirts. Please

pre-register! You can register online at nebraskana.org. Thanks for letting me serve! Tommy N. You can also call Samantha B. at 402-320-2146

General Assembly: We held a GSR Roundtable Discussion that was well attended! The GSR's shared what they were doing well and what (if any) challenges they had. I shared some information about Slack, the YAP number on the Plains States Zonal forum, literature increases at the beginning of the year, and subscriptions to NAWS News, Just for Today and Spiritual Principle a Day. It was suggested that we do this every July for General Assembly. In loving service, Brenda

H&I: Hello family! H & I Subcommittee met and discussed literature and what Area is needing. We had four Area's attend: COLUMBUS reported they are going into Platte County jail twice a month for men. They do not have any females approved or interested at this time. They are trying to get into Butler County, as well. SOS panel every 4th Tuesday of the month. GREAT PLAINS are having panels once a week for both men and women at Lincoln County Jail. Buttaloo county jail is still on lockdown and have changed their requirements from 3 yrs to 2 yrs clean time requirement. SENNA is back in Lancaster County jail for men only. They still need females to get approved and waiting to do service. No NSP at this time and still on lockdown. They will be having an H & I training day w/ a Cornhole Tourney on 7/23. CENTRAL panels are going into St. Francis, mostly by ZOOM, four times a month. They are struggling with people wanting to commit. A training day was held June 25th and 9 were trained and 5 recertified. Hall Co. Corrections is still in lockdown, and detox as well. We need to make sure we can fulfill those commitments before we start these two places. In Loving Service, Tracy K.

Outreach: Position open...no report given.

Policy: Hello Family, since our last Regional Business meeting, I have completed the update to the Policy of the Nebraska Regional Service Committee of Narcotics Anonymous from the proposal that was passed by consensus in April 2022. Also changed was a noticed indiscretion in our budget contained in Addendum C. Below is a summary of the changes that were made:

Change	Reason for Change
Entire Policy Document Changed all "PI" or "Public Information" to "PR" or "Public Relations" throughout our policy.	Proposal passed by consensus April 2022 to keep our language consistent with other service bodies within and outside of our Region.
Addendum C Switched the RD & Alt RD budget in Jan – March ODD and EVEN years	Error made in switching the budgets for ODD & EVEN years in 2017

I have sent these revisions of the document to the IT Chairperson to be posted on our website. Any member that reviews this document and locates any errors or missing information, please let me know as soon as possible so that it can be corrected. Also, I am submitting a proposal today to amend our guidelines based on some questions by one of our members related to our Regional budget contained in Addendum C.

In loving service, Ariel W.

PI: No Report

IT: Hello RSC, No real news. Hadrian is learning the ropes very well. He will be capable in role as IT Chair. Please continue to send activity flyers to be posted on site. Make sure all information is accurate. Also working to get all the old old minutes back up on the website. NRCNA 38 online registration process appears to be working well, also. In loving service, Sam

Good afternoon, Sorry I could not be with you all this month, life has come up and I am trying to deal with it on its terms. I should be able to be with you all again, next quarter. Same has been showing me how to make changes to the website and I am fairly comfortable navigating that now. I am confident that I will be able to assume all IT cumcommittees duties whenever it is time for me to take over. Nothing else to report, ILS, Hadrian C.

Archives: We will have the results of the proposal to break the Memorial Wall away from Archives. Otherwise, I have nothing to report.

In loving service, Dick T.

SBTW: No Report.

Old Business:

Proposal : To break Memorial Wall into it's own subcommittee off of Archives.

Intent: To allow the Memorial Wall to be a separate subcommittee and gain the recognition and respect it deserves.

Financial Impact: \$0

Submitted by: John H.

This passed by consensus.

Open Floor:

Zach said there is someone who might be interested in Omaha hosting NRCNA 39. Discussion was that they will need to put in a bid. They are encouraged to read the Policy Guidelines and bring it back to Region in October. Tommy said there are some things that can be waived from Policy Guidelines for NRCNA and they can meet via ZOOM, in an emergency meeting.

NRCNA 40 bids are open, as well.

Monica had questions on the insurance agent and it was reported they have been emailed about whether NA events are covered, as wording says it's covered, yet in another place it states the event needs to be listed with specifics on name and place of event. We will see what the email brings next Region.

Tax information is still in progress, as well.

Someone asked when Region in this area was formed. Possibly 40 years ago, called Midwestern Region, back around 1983. If anyone has information on this, let us know.

MONICA CALLED FOR A 15 MINUTE BREAK, THEN WE REOPENED WITH A MOMENT OF SILENCE AND THE SERENITY PRAYER.

New Business: Proposals and Nominations:

Proposal #1: Add a subletter to section VIII E to read as follows: "Mandatory expenses set by outside entities that are contained in Addendum C shall be changed as needed to reflect any difference in charges that are less than \$25 without needing to send it back to groups for approval.

Intent: To maintain accurate reporting of our Regional budget with having to send mandatory expense changes for things back to groups.

Financial Impact: \$50

Submitted by: Ariel W.

TAKE BACK TO GROUPS FOR A VOTE.

Proposal #2: To increase start-up funds for NRCNA from \$2,000 to \$4,000.

Intent: To make it easier for future committees and also because of inflation.

Financial Impact: \$2,000

Submitted by: Fremont Area

TAKE BACK TO GROUPS FOR A VOTE.

Proposal #3: Nominate Sue for Memorial Wall Chairperson.

Intent: To have a trusted servant get a chance to be of service and keep the Memorial Wall up to date. .

Financial Impact: \$0

Submitted by: Tommy N.

Sue accepted and here is her bio:

Hello NA Family, my name is Sue, and I am an addict. I have been clean for 21 years, have a sponsor, sponsor other women, actively work the steps, and I have held several service positions. I have been on 3 NRCNA committees, once as co-chair for Hotels & Hospitalities, once as Treasurer and last year as Programming Chair. I am treasurer for my homegroup the Aurora Steptakers, and currently service as Secretary/Treasurer of Central Nebraska Area, as well as for H & I at Area level. I am currently on a subcommittee for Archives at Region level and I would be honored to serve as the chairperson for the Memorial Wall subcommittee, which was most recently formulated. In loving service, Sue H.

TAKE BACK TO GROUPS FOR A VOTE.

Proposal #4: Nominate Kora C for Regional secretary.

Intent: To have a secretary.

Financial Impact: \$0

Submitted by: Zach M.

Kora accepted and here is her bio:

Clean date 8/13/03. I have a sponsor who has a sponsor. I also sponsor women. I have been through the steps many times. I will list my service by bodies and timelines:

2003-2019- County Line Area of NA (Simi Valley, CA)

Group: Secretary, Treasurer, GSR, Cake Girl, Literature

Area: Secretary, Vice-Chair, Chair, Alt Treasurer, Treasurer, Webmaster, Unity Day Chair member of Guidelines Subcommittee, twice.

2003-2010, 2017-2019- Central California Region

Region: Chair, Vice Chair, Secretary, Webmaster

Convention: Vice Treasurer, Arts & Graphics Chair, Merchandise Chair

2010-2013- West End of Area of NA (West Hill, CA.)

Group: Secretary, Treasurer, Cake Girl

Area: Secretary, Activities committee liaison to region

2011-2014- Southern California Region

Activities committee, Alt Treasurer

2019-Present ENNA Area (Omaha, NE.)

Area: Secretary, Literature, Treasurer

CECK: Arts & Graphics, twice

TAKE BACK TO GROUPS FOR A VOTE.

Proposal #5: To amend Policy II under General Guidelines, from “Any one individual may only hold one **elected** Regional position at Region, at a time., to “Any one individual may only hold one **administrative** Regional position at a time.”

Intent: Reflect our practice of allowing people to hold more than one subcommittee chair position at a time.

Financial Impact: \$0

Submitted by: Tommy N.

PLEASE TAKE BACK TO GROUPS FOR VOTE.

Proposal #6: To amend Policy IX, C. e. Consensus 1. From “Color Cards will be utilized by only Participating Members and/or RCM’s, depending on what the Proposal affects.” to “Color Cards will be utilized by only RCM’s, depending on what the Proposal affects.”

Intent: Reflect our practice of not having administrative servants and subcommittee chairs vote outside of straw polls. Also, this removes any conflict of folks getting more than one vote.

Financial Impact: \$0

Submitted by: Tommy N.

PLEASE TAKE BACK TO GROUPS FOR VOTE.

Proposal #7: Nominate Tommy N. for Alt. RD.

Intent: To fill a position with an amazing person capable to fulfill the position.

Financial Impact: \$0

Submitted by: Tera

Tommy accepted and here is his bio:

My clean date in 10/5/12. I have a sponsor in NA and have worked all 12 steps. I sponsor men in Narcotics Anonymous. I was the GSR for the Survivor’s Group from 2014-2017, EVANA H & I Chair from 2013-2015, Panel leader for lots of H & I panels over the years, and the PI Chair for NRSCNA from 2013 until 2020. I was the Memorial Wall Chair for NTCNA 31 and NRCNA 36 Treasurer. I was also treasurer for EVANA from 2014-2017, and treasurer for Survivors Group until 2021 and had been for some years before that. I have been SMTW Liaison for Nebraska since Jan. of 2019-2021. Currently I am treasurer of Too Sweet Group of NA, treasurer of Elkhorn Valley Area of NA (EVANA), EVANA RSM, Co-chair for NRCNA 38, and I do a bit of H & I service. I believe that pretty much covers it. Any omissions or errors in date are just due to memory lapse. ILS, Tommy N.

PLEASE TAKE BACK TO GROUPS FOR VOTE.

• **Bids are open for NRCNA 39 and 40. Please discuss this with your Area to consider hosting the next NRCNA convention.**

Open Positions:

Alternate Regional Delegate (Alt. RD)

Secretary

Vice Treasurer

Outreach

PR

SBTW

ONGOING REMINDERS:

- Please send any updated in-person or Zoom Meeting information to meetinglist@nebraskana.org and iit_committee@nebraskana.org
- Send flyers for NA activities to activities@nebraskana.org

The Next Region will be held at the

**Giltner Community Center
4021 N. Commercial Ave
Giltner, Ne.**

Great Plains Area will host Region.

- General Assembly Topic: Brenda D. Ice Cream Social with Open discussion. Please ask all Area's to bring something for the social.
Sub-Committees: 2 PM CST
Region Business: 3 PM CST

Proposal To Close