Nebraska Regional Service Committee of Narcotics Anonymous



4/8/2023 Add Location: Giltner, Ne.

Mark W. opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer. Monica T read the Mission Statement. Twelve Traditions: Read by Brenda D. Twelve Concepts: Read by Ariel W.

Roll Call:

Executive		RCMs		SubCommittees		
Chair:	Monica T	Columbus:	Wes	NRCNA 39	Tracy K	
Vchair:	Mark W	Central Nebraska:	Sue H	General Assembly:	Brenda (Proxy)	
Treasurer:	Tera N	Eastern Nebraska:	Morgaine D / Steve H	Outreach:	none	
Vtreasurer	Open	Elkhorn Valley:	Tony S	Policy:	Ariel W	
Secretary:	Kora C	Fremont:	Harry T	PR	Open	
RD:	Brenda D	Great Plains:	Sara T (Proxy)	IT:	Haidrian C	
Alt RD:	Tommy N	Platte Valley:	Absent	H&I:	Tracy K	
		Souteast Nebraska:	John H / Chris	Archives:	Dick T	
				SBTW Liaison:	Mark W (Proxy)	
				Memorial Wall	Sue H	

Visitors:

Jamie P, Brian D, Randy P, Bre C, Deborah T, John, Kirby Z, Michelle B, Barry B

Consensus to Accept Last Meetings Minutes: Passed By Consensus

NRSCNA Treasurer Report

•	nt 00.00 75.00		Expenses Written To - Description/Purpose	A
Central \$2	00.00	1078	Written To - Description/Purpose	A
•				Amount
	75.00		InMotion Hosting	\$19.99
EVANA \$			H&I -Tracy K.	\$557.76
Ties That Bind \$	78.00	1080	Marathon Press - Meeting Lists	\$100.00
Great Plains \$3	22.00	1081	Giltner Community Center Rent	\$145.00
Fremont \$2	50.00	1082	R.D Brenda D.	\$125.00
ENNA \$9	02.31	1083	Alt. R.D Tommy N.	\$125.00
			Zonal 25%	\$188.14
			EXPENSES SUBTOTAL:	\$1,260.89
			NAWS (WORLD) DONATION:	\$566.42
TOTAL DONATIONS: \$1.8	27.31		TOTAL EXPENSES:	\$1,827.31
÷•••••				<i>↓,↓,↓,↓,↓,↓,↓,↓,↓,↓,</i>
RSC MEETING SUMMARY REPOR	T			
BEGINNING BALANCE: \$7,32	5.00			
TOTAL DONATIONS: \$1,82				
TOTAL EXPENSES: -\$1,82				
ENDING BALANCE: \$7,32				

NOTES:

Area Reports:

Columbus:

Wes: Our meetings in Columbus, NE are going well. H&I in the area has been a blessing for many of us. Our main struggle has been keeping up with Spanish Literature for the influx of Latino still suffering addict in NE. We would like to ask our loving RD (to) ask NAWS to donate 300 Spanish Basic Texts paper back to our region. In Love – The Columbus Area.

Central:

Sue H: Hello Everyone,

Thank you for allowing me to be of service. I do apologize for not being there today but I have family stuff going on for Easter. Not much to report. We offered the CAR/CAT. A couple of people showed up. It was pretty short notice. Thant you to the RD! All of our votes are in. I also have a donation of \$200 that we are bringing to Region today. We will be submitting a proposal to hold Region in July. ILS – John D RCM and Sue H, Alt RCM

Eastern:

Morgaine D: -Spring Picnic on April 22nd 819 s 22nd st Omaha ne -donation 902.31

Elkhorn Valley:

Tony S: Hello family,

EVANA is transitioning to a new RCM! Doug P is the acting RCM pending group votes next ASC meeting. Due to work schedule, Doug is unable to be here at Region today. Things are good in EVANA, with strong meetings and recovery. There are some events coming up in Norfolk. April 22 nd will be the Be Grateful it's April function at 104 S 10 th St in Norfolk. There will also be a fundraiser for the Steppin' at the Lake Men's campout held on May 13 th at 204 W Madison Ave. Our annual Moonlight Madness campout will take place on June 16 th -18 th at Lake Maskenthine, 10 miles East of Norfolk on Highway 275. I might be missing some stuff, but that is what I remember!

Thanks for letting me serve,

Tony (Proxy for Doug)

Fremont:

Harry: Freemont: All is well. March Freezeout had a good turnout. Meetings are going well.

We have a regional donation of \$250 - Thanks

Great Plains:

Sara T: Hello Family, My name is Sara and I am an addict, hopefully soon to be your RCM for Great Plains. For today I am the proxy. We have a lot going on in the Great Plains. In March, a group from Kearney, Surrender Our Addiction, had a meat and great with a turnout of about 40 people. Ties that Bind in NP sold t-shirts and sweatshirts for a fundraiser that bought literature for the Lincoln County Jail. We have a new meeting just starting in Gothenburg on Wed at 630pm at the Crossing Fellowship. Great Plains Area now meets monthly on Zoom through the Plain States Zonal Forum. Great Plains will be putting on the Mid Summer Night Campout in June. A flyer will soon be sent to Nebraskana.org. We have a few donations for the region today: Our area is donation \$322. And the Ties that Bind Group from NP sent \$78. The meetings in our area are growing and getting stronger. Thank you for letting me be of service. Sara T.

Southeastern:

John H: Hello from SENANA. I was asked/told to work today so our area is represented by Chris H, our alt RCM.

I want to report that our area voted yes on all four proposals.

SENANA H&I is still going into the touchstone and LCC men's regularly. LCC women's we are going on the first 2 Sundays of the month. We are still working on getting into York

through zoom. Also we will have a H&I training and phone line training in the coming months.

Our activities committee is working on some spring and summer events. Keep checking .sena-na.net for updates.

I am amazed at the involvement of NA members outside of our area and at the last regional meeting, I was asked by several members about the campaign to get the message of recovery onto Lincoln city buses. This was an effort started by Sunday Night Solutions, which is one of our area meetings. I am happy to report that with a very successful fundraiser, the \$3,000.00 needed to put the message on one bus for one year was reached. The message of recovery is now cruising the streets of Lincoln. At the last regional meeting I I was asked about whether our area was going to put out a proposal for regional help with this effort. Since the fundraiser had not been held yet, I was unsure what to do. I would like to have Chris H submit a topic on open floor about this because we would like to be able to gauge interest from other areas in our region. Sunday Night Solutions indicates that, at least for now, their goal to get the message on a city bus has been met and the idea can be taken over by our PR committee for future buses/years. They are, however, very willing to answer any questions that anyone has regarding what it took to put the message on a Lincoln city bus.

Thank you to Chris H for filling in for me and also for the opportunity to serve. John H.

Chris H- Alt RCM: Sunday Solutions put on a great fundraiser for the bus benches.

RD Report:

Brenda D: RD Report NRSC April 2023

Hello NA Family,

Conference season is in full swing! We held workshops in 4 Areas and had the motions available on the Nebraska website for anyone not able to attend a workshop. We have the results of these for you and

will be taking them to the World Service Conference at the end of the month. We will be asking for a vote of confidence for your delegate team during this business mee ng... Can we please add that to the agenda today?

We made a little history in February here in Nebraska... we hosted the very first service collaboration of all the zones in the US. We went over the Conference Agenda Report and the Conference Approval Track, and had most of the motion makers from the Regions in attendance to personally present their moons and answer any questions. I think Tommy has more on that... we decided to split up the tasks of reporting...

The 2022 Annual Report is out and available online at www.na.or/AR ... This goes over all the details of what has been going on this last fiscal year. It is published as an interactive electronic document and also posted in PDF format.

We attended the Conference Participants meeting in March. During that meeting we discussed WSC topics and logistics. This will be our first truly hybrid WSC. We currently have 14 participants planning to attend virtually and 18 more who are uncertain if they will be able to obtain visas. This means we can't approach the conference the same way we have in the past. Our biggest challenge will be me. There will not be paper handouts or notebooks, as had been given out in prior conferences. Instead, there will be an online conference portal for both in-person and online participants to access resources. Delegates will need to bring a connected device (Tablet or computer) for the WSC. Masks will be required, and we will be testing for Covid the day before we travel, as well as the first and third days of the conference. All meetings will be scheduled during the day all week to accommodate the virtual participants. There will not be any day off during the conference as during prior years. Tommy and I coordinated our flights with the Iowa delegates. We are leaving Omaha on the 28th and coming back on May 7th. We got our flights round trip for \$312.56 + taxes and fees each. (\$365.80 /each plus \$30 for 1st checked back, \$40 for 2nd checked bag)

On April 1st we attended the Conference Participant meeting to discuss any questions we had plus go over orientation and processes for business. There is a new discussion board for delegates to ask questions or to share suggestions. The Amendments for the current moons have a deadline of April 15th and after that an epoll will be sent to all voting participants and a straw poll will be taken at that me. We will only have 72 hours to respond, so we would like some direction from this body on a couple of the moons. The margin is very slim... so if we could please add that to the agenda today? It shouldn't take long to go through.

There is a WSC Unity Day flyer attached to this report. It is for Saturday April 29th. There will be a speaker meeting at 7:30 pm and the mee ng id and password are on it if anyone wants to jump on. Those times are all Pacific Time so we are 2 hours ahead of them (9:30pm CST).

Annual Events coming up are Service Day on May 1st and PR week is the first full week in June. The NA App now has the Spiritual Principle a day on it!

RDA Report:

Hello family!

Brenda and I decided to split responsibilities for this RSC meeting, so I will be reporting about what happened at the last Plain States Zonal Forum meeting held on February 5 th . The PSZF meeting took place right after we hosted a CAR/CAT workshop with attendance from people all over the world, since it was a way to do something with the US Collaboration of Zones! I am humbled to have been able to help out a little with that process and I learned a ton.

At the PSZF meeting, we discussed the US Collaboration of Zones, which our zone has been involved with. The US Collaboration of Zones met on January 8 th, with PSZF hosting the meeting. You might remember a while back there was a survey about the US Collaboration of Zones that regions were asked to complete. The PSZF is the only zone to have 100% of its regions complete the survey, so kudos to us. However, that means that there was not enough useful information to move forward with much, so the survey has been extended to this summer. Also at that meeting, the US Collaboration of Zones website was discussed, and a team formed to look into what should go on it and when it should go live. More will be revealed! The US Collaboration of Zones was scheduled to meet on April 2 nd , so there is probably a bit more information available, but I do not have it.

If you are wondering about what the money we send to PSZF does, it goes towards efforts like SBTW, PR endeavors, hosting Zoom accounts that can be used by any NA group, area, or region in the Zone, among other things. All told, the budget for the PSZF is just over \$11,000 and the Nebraska Region contributed just over \$4,600 in 2022 after we decided to send 25% of what we have over prudent reserve to Zone!

The PSZF PR committee is busy with working on a project to get tablets with NA literature that can be given to incarcerated individuals in prisons. They also attend the NAWS PR webinars and discussions. Also in the works, is the creation of a Zonal trusted servant pool application process to help connect

people with skills to the service needs in the Zone.

There are lots of things coming up around our Zone. Later this month, April 21 st through 23 rd will be MARCNA in Wichita, KS. Also in the Mid America Region will be the 22 nd annual Recovery Feast June 2 nd - 4 th , and the 44 th annual Mid America Region Campout held June 30 th – July 2 nd . There will be a PSZF meeting July 28 th through 30 th held in Amarillo, TX and will include tons of service learning opportunities, including a PR event and other workshops. Iowa has been focusing on fellowship development efforts and have implemented a region-wide helpline using YAP. They are also working towards having an instate service symposium. OK Region just finished their convention last weekend, but no worries, there is still the Clean and Crazy function June 16 th – 18 th at Lake Tenkiller and the Fall Spiritual Retreat in early November happening in Oklahoma. South Dakota will have their convention in Rapid City September 15 th -17 th . There will also be the Multi-Zonal Service Symposium held in Detroit, October 13 th -15 th (I know that is not in our Zone, but I wanted to mention it anyways.

Sponsorship Behind the Walls is still receiving letters from inmates in many prisons. There is need for trusted servants to help on this workgroup. One of those needs is to have a liaison from our region. I heard that our spectacular Vice-chair has stepped up to help until the position is filled. I know from experience that this is a great opportunity to get involved! There are also some workgroup positions open other than the liaison: CO-facilitator is open, Co-postal Coordinator is open, and must live in the Tulsa, OK vicinity, Co-Sponsor communications Coordinator is open.

I am super happy to report that Nebraska's very own P3 committee is revamping its communication efforts to get the word out to incarcerated folks about the ability to receive a free Basic Text. They are asking for areas to take information to inmates during H&I efforts. They also ask that if you know of jail staff who is very pro NA (friends of NA), please share P3 information with them. I have printed some flyers and information one pagers for RCMs to take and hopefully copy and distribute. Just some background, last year was a slow year for P3 and they still sent 216 Basic Texts. All together, they have sent more than 7500 Basic Texts to incarcerated people since 2006! I hope we can help to continue the good work they are doing!

We also discussed updating some Zonal guidelines updates and will be doing approval of those either at the Zonal meeting at the WSC or at the July meeting in Amarillo. Additionally, there was discussion about putting together an informational brochure about what PSZF does. Look for more on that in the future!

Other than that, we discussed a bit about what to expect at the WSC coming up at the end of April. I am excited to go and help represent the Nebraska Region with Brenda! I am sure to learn a ton and get a chance to carry our Region's voice. I want to say thank you to everyone who participated in CAR/CAT workshops and/or filled out the motion tally sheet and CAR Survey. I have also brought some printouts of the results of those tally sheets and surveys. I am sure there will be plenty of discussion about those today!

Finally, I just wanted to check in about financial stuff. I have paid for my airfare, which was \$365.80. I also reserved a rental vehicle, which will be split between the Nebraska and Iowa delegate teams. The total for the rental is \$761.29, including collision insurance. I have paid \$100 for the reservation so far. That works out to \$190.32 per person for an entire week of transportation (about \$27 per day). That is for a minivan, so there is the possibility of having other addicts join us on excursions and pitch in some to avoid high Uber fees. Anyways, that means that at the moment, I have \$2808.70 in the bank account. I will still need to pay for the hotel and food along with the rest of the rental car cost for the WSC. I think that is more than enough! ILS,

Tommy N

Sub- Committees

NRCNA 39:

NRCNA39 is coming together, we have entertainment and speakers locked in, banquet meal selected. Pre-registration is on nebraskana.org and Please make sure to get you room reserved. We now have t-shirts available as well. We have also had a couple of areas that had NRCNA fundraisers.

In loving service Tracy K.

General Assembly:

Dear Family,

Barry B came and presented information on BMLT (Basic Meeting List Toolkit) YAP and Twilio how they work together for a statewide phone line.

The cost of a toll-free phone line is \$1.61 per month or a local number for \$.87 per month. Text messages would be extra, and the average cost is \$15 per month (\$180 / year or \$45/quarter). Features that are available are volunteer lists, scheduling, adds and edits of members. A list of where the

calls are coming from and a chart to see how the phone is being used by flexible date searches. All the of features are adaptable to fit our needs. Other current phonelines can be ported into this statewide number also.

Going forward, some things we would need to decide on would be:

- 1. Do we want a regional phone line?
- 2. Do we want a toll-free number or a local number?
- 3. Do we want the messaging feature enabled?
- 4. Do we want an option to transfer to a live addict?
- 5. If we want to transfer to a live addict, How long would the volunteer addict shift be?
- 6. Do we want to offer rides to meetings?

Please take this back to your Area's and discuss this to see what we would like to do going forward.

Thank you for presenting today Barry!

In grateful loving service,

Brenda, RD

H&I:

Hello family **Great Plains Area**

Lincoln County Men's jail showed an average of 15 inmates per meeting for the 1st quarter; the Lincoln County Women's jail showed an average of 6 inmates. White books and meeting lists were distributed.

On Saturday, February 18th, 2023 at 1:30pm, The GP area conducted an H & I training. Currently, in North Platte we have over 11 people trained and participating in the jail meetings.

Buffalo County jail is still on lock down and does not allow for programming at this time.

Central Nebraska Area

H&I is alive and well. We did a training in March and it went well, we had 7 people trained. We continue to go into the treatment center and detox center weekly. We also go into the VA every other week. We are working to get people approved to go back into the Hall County Jail. We are also possibly working to get into the Hamilton County jail.

Columbus

Currently going into Platte county jail averaging 6 inmates.

Also going into Butler county once a month and continue to go into sos once a month.

Evana area

Is going well we are having h&i training today at 3:00p.m. sorry I wasn't able to make it this time. I'll be there next time.

In loving service

Tracy K

Outreach: none

Policy:

Hello Family,

During our last Regional Business meeting in January, we had a proposal regarding our policy for the new Memorial Wall Sub-Committee. After today's meeting, I will make any necessary updates for any passed proposals that affect our policy. I will also work with our treasurer to update Addendum C in our policy to accurately reflect our current costs. Thank you for the continued opportunity to serve. In Loving Service,

Ariel W.

PR: none

IT:

IT Committee Report, April 2023

There is now a tab for a filterable meeting list on the region site, by default it should show all meetings happening in the region that day. I have done some research on updating the site theme, but have not moved forward with that yet. I am still interested in doing a theme update and will continue to look into it, ideally I would like to find a way to demo the new theme and get some feedback on it before making it go live. Let me know if there is anything the body would like to see on the site and if it is possible I will do my best to make it happen. ILS

Hadrian C

Archives: Dick T: All is going well.

SBTW:

March 8, 2023.

Attendance- Amanda, Sam, Jeff, Mark, Denise, Teresa, Matt- absent w/report

Portal coordinator – no mail as of 27th of February – will check this week

Denise – getting a little more interest, more will be revealed

Jeff- giving informational presentation in Mid America in April

No communication on new facility – wrong email address, mail sopped for Nebraska's – Amanda will reach back out to Dawn Reneas Smith at NDOC

1st letter send – Rhonda will check mail – Amanda asking that Rhonda updates each time the mail box is checked PDF's for tablet for NDOC updates

Matt's report: will be doing an in-person training in June

Zoom Training: April 8th at 10am / April 20th @7pm

Next meeting April 12th @730pm – I will not be able to attend due a meeting at work.

ILS, Mark W

NOTE: This is a casual commitment via Zoom

Memorial Wall:

Hi family! Or subcommittee met and discussed what to do with old frames and will reuse them, making items for the raffle for NRCNA. We discussed that we would like Hadrian to add a link to the website so if anyone wants to submit a picture and any additional information, of an addict who had passed, and it will go to the subcommittee. Anyone interested in receiving them and being on the subcommittee please inform Hadrian. There were a couple people who said they have a TV and a laptop to donate to the subcommittee. If that's still available, please bring it to the next regional meeting. In loving service, Sue H

Old Business:

Proposal #1: Propose to have SENANA to host NRCNA 40. See details below for Ad-hoc committee findings.

Intent: Host NRCNA 40

Financial Impact: \$4000

Submitted by: John H

Vote: Passes by Unanimous consensus

Proposal #2: To amend the budget for 2023 and add an extra travel expense.

Intent: To allow the delegate team to attend required meetings per policy due the change of having an extra Zone and MZSS in the same year as WSC. This cost will cover both events.

Financial Impact: \$3200

Submitted by: Brenda D and Tommy N

Vote: 6 yes, 1 no - passes

Proposal #3: For Memorial Wall to have policy stating the same requirements as Archives does, not including the budget \$ amount. Intent: To have Memorial Wall subcommittee to have its own policy.

Financial Impact: \$0 Submitted by: Sue H.

Vote: Passes by Unanimous consensus

Proposal #4: Request for \$50 budget quarterly, as needed to be able to purchase necessary items.

Intent: For Memorial Wall subcommittee to have its own budget.

Financial Impact: \$50 quarterly

Submitted by: Sue H

Vote: Passes by Unanimous consensus

Nominations

No nominations submitted during Old Business

Open positions: Vice Treasurer, Outreach, PR, SBTW

Open Floor:

John H Senna RCM: Would like to gage the willingness of Nebraska Region to help fund a 2nd bus in Lincoln with our NA Message. Currently there is no way to track the effectiveness of the first bus. The cost is \$3,000 for 1 year for 1 bus. Discussion and questions:

If we go to a statewide phone line could we update the phone number? Yes but remember all current numbers will continue to work as they will be ported over to the new phone system – when we are ready.

This is a great way to reach other addicts not just through H&I and the jail and this is a way to help the Region participate in reaching more addicts.

Tera N NRSC Treasurer: Rent for this facility for this month is \$145 as there is no function happening here to split the cost of rent with. Normally we only pay \$50 because an area holds a function, but that didn't happen this time. Just as an FYI the rent for this facility is going up to \$200 starting next month. We will have a proposal to pay this rent in New Business.

Brenda D NRSC RD: I would like a vote of confidence to carry our votes regarding motions 14, 15, 16, 23, and 25. If you look at the results of all those that voted these motions are almost 50/50. We'd like to get the RCMs input.

Monic T NRSC Chair: The October region is schedule to happen during the NARCNA convention. Do we want to meet during the convention, or on a different date? This will be discussed in new business.

Dick T NRSC Archives: A bit of history. A while ago our website was hacked and the region lost access a bit to the website. After this incident we broke up the roles / duties of this and put the regional meeting list as a separate responsibility. Dick has been doing this commitment for 10 years and he'd like to pass on this duty to Tony S. Also would like to migrate off of 2 points of where the data is stored and only use the BMLT to store all meeting data.

Monica commented that Tony would also have the role to print the meeting directories each month.

MONICA CALLED FOR A 15 MINUTE BREAK, THEN WE REOPENED WITH A MOMENT OF SILENCE AND THE SERENITY PRAYER.

New Business: Proposals and Nominations:

Proposal #1: To have the Nebraska Region contribute \$200 yearly for our bus campaign. This would be for additional buses or for the next years contingent upon fundraisers successfully raising the remaining necessary funds.

Financial Impact: \$200 annually

Submitted by: John H – RCM Senna TAKE BACK TO GROUPS FOR A VOTE.

Discussion and notes for Proposal 1:

The bus artwork could be amended to show nebraskana.org and a statewide phone number. The cost is \$3000 per year per bus but the area would cover the rest of the funds with fundraisers. If you have any questions about this bus campaign please call Cameron G 402-540-7897. Straw poll showed the RCMs did not want to amend the verbiage of this proposal and wanted to take this back to our groups for a vote.

Proposal #2: Take it back for a vote to all groups and members. To change Region quarterly donations to NAWS and PSZ to only 5% each.

Intent: To use Nebraska's convention windfall money for H&I and P&I here in Nebraska. To save addict lives in Nebraska. **Financial Impact:** \$0

Submitted by: Clean Way Group

Discussion and notes for Proposal 2: Straw poll: 6 RCM's voted no 1 RCM yes to take this proposal back to groups as this was written. A suggestion was made to have Clean Way Group rewrite the proposal to increase the budget for H&I and P&I. This proposal was not sent back to the groups for a vote.

Proposal #3: Save \$5000 from next convention windfall for our region H&I and P&I. To purchase a small billboard trailer for PI. Buy Spanish literature for area's to give to H&I.

Intent: To save addicts lives in Nebraska

Financial Impact: \$5000

Submitted by: Clean Way Group

Discussion and notes for Proposal 3: Straw poll: 6 RCM's voted no 1 RCM yes to take this proposal back to groups as this was written. Questions were had about what a mobile billboard is, who would operate it, and what are the insurance liabilities. Currently the Columbus area can purchase Spanish literature through H&I. Also, P3 is available as a resource to send Spanish literature into facilities. This proposal was not sent back to the groups for a vote.

Proposal #4: Have Zonal Report on H&I and P&I – They are doing? How much do they spend. SBTW – the Sponsors pay for inmates lit.

Intent: We would like to know if monies would be more wisely for H&I and P&I here in Nebraska.

Financial Impact: 0

Submitted by: Clean Way Group

Discussion and notes for Proposal 4: Straw poll: 6 RCM's voted no 1 RCM yes to take this proposal back to groups as this was written. Tommy: We are happy to share financial information from PSZ that details all monies spent. This spreadsheet is attached to the email blast with the minutes. This proposal was not sent back to the groups for a vote.

Proposal #5: For Central Area to host Region at Unity Hall in July. (210 N. Wheeler Grand Island)

Intent: To host our next Region Meeting and hold our Annual Street Dance.

Financial Impact: \$50

Submitted by: Sue H

Discussion and notes: Proposal 5 did not need to go back to groups. RCM's unanimously voted yes to host July 2023's region in Grand Island. This proposal does not need to be sent back to the groups for a vote.

Proposal #6: To have a vote of confidence from Region to make decisions at WSC as the RD Team. Intent: To help delegates carry region's voice. Financial Impact: 0 Submitted by: Delegate Team Discussion and notes: Brenda D – there are some motions that will have amendments on the conference floor and will need the RD's to vote in. Historically Nebraska Region has had proposals like this before the RD team headed to WSC. This proposal does not need to be sent back to the groups for a vote. RCM's unanimously voted yes. Proposal #7: To nominate Michelle B for PR Chair position Intent: To have a PR committee Financial Impact: 0 Submitted by: Sue H Discussion and notes: RCM's voted unanimously to close nominations for this position. TAKE BACK TO GROUPS FOR A VOTE. Service Resume Michelle B. Clean date 1/7/01 Previous Service Experience Group Secretary, Responsible Recovery – 1 term, completed. Group Treasurer, Responsible Recovery – 1 term, completed. Close Encounters Convention Committee Secretary – 1 term, completed Group Service Group GSR, Reaching Out – 1 term, completed. Group Secretary, VOH-1 term; completed. Group Treasurer - Spiritual Breakfast Meeting – 8 years, completed Area Service SWINA Activities sub-committee member - multiple years SWINA Campout Chairperson - (1 campout after resignation of a previous Activities Chair to complete their term) SWINA ASC Secretary – 1 term, completed; filled in on multiple occasions in absence of Secretary SWINA RCM Alt – 1 term SWINA RCM- Multiple terms completed. IRCNA XXIII Bid Committee Secretary – temporary position-completed Co-facilitator CAR / CAT Review (SWINA) Issue Topic Discussion Facilitator as RCM – multiple occasions (SWINA) Facilitation of Literature Review - multiple occasions (SWINA) Co-Facilitator PR Workshop (ENNA) ASC Guidelines Ad Hoc Secretary – temporary position – Completed. **PI Trained** H & I Trained **Phoneline Trained** Close Encounters of the Clean Kind Convention – Hospitality Chair- Completed Close Encounters of the Clean Kind Convention – Vice Chair- Completed Close Encounters of the Clean Kind Convention - Chairperson - Completed Close Encounters of the Clean Kind Convention – Recorder (2 terms) - Completed **Regional Service** Iowa Regional PR Member – Multiple years Co-facilitator PR workshops - Multiple occasions IRCNA XXIII Secretary - 1 term - Completed. Iowa Regional Literature Chair – 1 term – Completed. Facilitation of Literature Review – Multiple occasions Iowa Regional Co-Facilitator – 2 years – Completed. Iowa Regional Facilitator – 2 years – Completed. Issue Topic Discussion Facilitator – Multiple occasions Facilitator CAR / CAT Review- Multiple area presentations - 2018, 2020, 2022, 2023 IRCNA XXXIII Programming Chair - Completed Multi-Zonal Service Symposium – Facilitator GSR/RCM Training Workshop Iowa Regional Alternate Delegate - Completed Current Service: Unity Hall – "The Groups" Tuesday Night Meeting Chair – Currently serving since January 2023 Multi-Zonal Service Symposium – Recorder – Currently serving, term ending upon completion of symposium October 2024 Iowa Regional Delegate – Currently serving extended term; term ending June 2024 Summary:

I have completed all my positions in service. I am committed to Narcotics Anonymous service and the success of all in service. I have continued to remain as a resource/mentor to various positions upon completion. I have learned through experience to have balance in service and in my personal recovery. I have an NA sponsor and sponsor four women in Narcotics Anonymous. I have a working knowledge of the 12 steps, 12Traditions, and 12 Concepts. I am ready and willing to serve and pass along the knowledge & experience I have been blessed to obtain through service to Narcotics Anonymous. In Service, Michelle B.

Proposal #8: To start a Regional Phoneline under our PR Committee Intent: To have a Regional phone number Financial Impact: \$20 / month Submitted by: Sue H TAKE BACK TO GROUPS FOR A VOTE.

(Note: we moved on to other new business and later was presented this proposal – putting the proposal here for congruency)
Proposal #9: To have NRSCNA pay the entirety of rent due for the meeting \$145. This will suspend policy of \$50.
Intent: To pay our bills
Financial Impact: \$95 (as we have \$50 normally put aside)
Submitted by: Tommy N
This proposal does not need to be sent back to the groups for a vote.
RCM's unanimously voted yes.

(End of proposals)

Input from RCMs on 5 motions in CAR. This is to help the RD's break the ties found from the members that submitted their votes.

14- 5 no 2 yes 15- 6 no 1 yes 16- 6 yes 1 no 23- unanimous yes 25- 6 yes 1 no

Meeting list: Needs a vote of confidence to have the printing of the meeting lists turned over to Tony S. Unanimous Yes

October Region: When do we want to have our next meeting; Straw poll: Meet at Convention – 2 Meet on different day - 9

Via Zoom Different Day - 0

Note for July's business meetings: Conventions 41 bids. Nominations for all positions – if you want to stay seated please be ready to submit your nominations.

Open Positions:

Vice Treasurer Outreach SBTW

ONGOING REMINDERS:

• Please send any updated in-person or Zoom Meeting information to <u>meetinglist@nebraskana.org</u> and iit_committee@nebraskana.org

Send flyers for NA activities to activities@nebraskana.org

The next Region will be held at - Unity Hall 210 N. Wheeler Grand Island

General Assembly Topic: Sub-Committees: 2 PM CST Region Business: 3 PM CST