



Nebraska Regional Service Committee of Narcotics Anonymous

1/11/25

Location Fremont, Ne.

Mark W. opened the meeting with a moment of silence followed by the Serenity Prayer.

Twelve Traditions: Read by Rachel W. Twelve Concepts: Read by Travis W.

<u>Executive</u>		<u>RCMs</u>		<u>SubCommittees</u>	
Chair:	Mark W	Blue River Valley	Absent	NRCNA 41	Sue H
Vchair:	Travis W	Columbus:	Wes	General Assembly:	Tommy N
Treasurer:	Tera N	Central Nebraska:	Sue H	Fellowship Development	John P
Vtreasurer	Steven T	Eastern Nebraska:	Diana B	Policy:	Ariel
Secretary:	Kora C	Elkhorn Valley:	Cortney	PR	Michelle B
Alt Secreta	Rachael W	Fremont:	John P / Lizzie	IT:	Hadrian C
RD:	Tommy N	Great Plains:	none - combining with Central	H&I:	Tracy K
Alt RD:	Barry B	Platte Valley:	Absent	Archives:	Dick T
		Souteast Nebraska:	Lori C	SBTW Liaison:	Marcus via phone
				Memorial Wall	Sue

Visitors: Kevin C, Kelly D, Jared T, Zach E, Tammy B, Monica T

Consensus to Accept Last Meetings Minutes: Error was corrected, then Passed By Consensus

Treasurer's Report:

Tera is working on the FNBO account. She will be working on a new budget proposals with Ariel for next regional meeting.

NRSCNA Treasurer Report

RSC Meeting Date 1/11/2025

RSC Meeting Beginning Balance: \$10,450.00

Prudent Reserve: \$10,450.00

Donations		Expenses		
Area, Group, or Other	Amount	Chk #	Written To - Description/Purpose	Amount
CNASC	\$322.52		RD	N/A
EVANA	\$75.00		Alt Rd	N/A
Fremont	\$250.00		Secretary	N/A
SENANA	\$1,000.00		Outreach	N/A
Happy Havelock	\$325.00		Memorial Wall	N/A
		1114	Policy	\$50.00
		1115	H&I	\$600.00
		1116	PR	\$835.85
		1113	PR - Meeting Lists	\$164.15
		1112	Treasurer	\$100.00
		1111	Region Rent - First Congregational Church	\$200.00
			Archives (Set Aside for Future Use)	\$200.00
			Zonal Donation 25%	\$0.00
			NAWS (WORLD) DONATION 75%	\$0.00
			EXPENSES SUBTOTAL:	\$2,150.00
TOTAL DONATIONS:	\$1,972.52		TOTAL EXPENSES:	\$2,150.00

RSC MEETING SUMMARY REPORT	
BEGINNING BALANCE:	\$10,450.00
TOTAL DONATIONS:	\$1,972.52
TOTAL EXPENSES:	-\$2,150.00
ENDING BALANCE:	\$10,272.52

NRCNA 2026 Money to be Paid Out -\$4000
 Placeholder Check FNBO \$100
 Set Aside - Taxes \$4993.52
 Set Aside - Archives \$200

NOTES: New bank accounts started. In process of switching everything completely over. Working on getting NRCNA 2026 account fully set up. I will be working on if uncashed checks are past expiration date so we can get monies over prudent reserve sent off. Please let me know if you have any uncashed checks. Will be working on gathering NRCNA 2024 info to begin filing taxes. ILS, Tera N.

Area Reports:

Blue River Valley: None

Columbus: Wes: Columbus NE; Clean Way Region report for 1/1/2025 Happy New Year ~ We are meeting our H&I and PI commitments; we are having a speaker meeting with SOS attendance the first Wen of every month at the CWC. We are buying books from NAW's and donating them to jails, prisons and newcomers supporting NAW's and our 5th tradition. Our mobile billboard will be ready soon with the Norfolk hotline number. The step working meetings have been attended well and members are passionate about working steps. We pray everyone has a better than fantastic year.

Central: Sue H: Hey Family! Central area is alive and kicking. We are pleased to inform Region that the Great Plains area has merged with us We are still the Central Area we just changed the dates of our area meeting to the first Sunday instead of the 2nd Sunday. We have a new secretary, otherwise all positions are open at this time. We will have a proposal in a new business for the Annual Street Dance. We are bringing a check for \$322.52. ILS, Sue H, RCM

Eastern: Good afternoon family!

First let me apologize for our absence in October.
I would like to recognize Morgaine as our RCM Alt.

Since I continue to also be a part of our PR Committee as Panel Leader of Douglas County Corrections, I would like to start with some greet things that are happening on our area and around. P3's steak feed was a great success with many attending and a great speaker. Also, 453 BT were sent out. This has been the best year since Covid hit!!! Our very successful meeting in OCC is planning their annual symposium with several speakers going in as well. The meeting there is run by inmates that also collect a Seventh Tradition and have even made donations to our ASC events.

CECK is gearing up for another great convention the weekend of February 21-23. If you haven't attended in recent years, it has grown by leaps and bounds with well over 1,000 in attendance! Book a room as they are going fast!

I want to offer a special thanks to all groups and committees that kept their doors open for meetings during the holidays and the many events hosted by groups. You rock!!!

In Loving Service'
Diana B

Elkhorn Valley: Hello family,

All is going well in EVANA with our meetings going strong & attendance picking up after the holiday season. Coming up we will be having a Heart of NA Beats function set for February 15 and a Be Grateful It's April function with planning to begin soon. We hope to have an H&I training incorporated into that function as well as a couple of workshops on topics relevant to current area amd member needs.

ILS,
Courtney E.

Fremont: Hello family,

Thank you for joining us today. We are excited to FINALLY be able to host region once again. Fremont is doing good. We have had an increase of overall members from 28 to 48. We will be donating \$250 today. We will have NRCNA & Freeze Out registration tables set up today during the function. We have a few functions coming up, 'For Love of Recovery' on February 8 & our '37th Annual Freeze Out' on March 22 & 23. We hope to see you there. Some of our members have joined Grand Island & are on the NRCNA 41 committee. We are currently holding all Freedom Works meetings at Life House on Military & Broad but are talking to King of Kings about going back to our previous location, but that won't be available until after Easter. Hope to see you all & enjoy our Soup Cookoff with each other later today.

In Loving Service,
John P & Lizzy M

Great Plains: For the purposes of these minutes GP is listed here, however GP has merged with Central Area

Southeastern: January 8th, 2025

RCM Report for SENANA

Happy New Years!

Our area has been busy with activities for addicts, training for PR and looking forward to the new year.

We are happy to report SENANA ASC has a \$1000.00 donation this RSC and Happy Havelock group has a \$325.00 donation.

We also carry a yes vote for proposal #2

Our re-vamped PR committee has been very busy with generating information to our local fellowship and our community. On December 14 PR held a learning and training day that was well attended.

Activities has a full committee of willing members and they too have been planning for the the coming 2025 season. Please see attached flyer for upcoming events.

All of our service positions are currently filled and our area has been thriving with meeting attendance, newcomers, out-reach and a general feeling of strong fellowship and commitment. We do Recover and I can speak for all that we are grateful to be a part of Narcotics Anonymous in the Lincoln/metro area.

ILS
Lori C RCM

RD Report: Tommy N.

Hello family,

Since the last NRSC meeting, I have attended several virtual meetings, reviewed updates from NAWS, and engaged in discussions about the upcoming Interim World Service Conference (WSC). Below is a summary of key updates and information relevant to our region:

Interim WSC 2025 Preparation

The Interim WSC will take place virtually on **February 28 and March 1, 2025**. The agenda includes motions that address strategic planning, amendments to policies, and updates to the budgeting process. Conference participants will decide which motions to prioritize based on initial polling results.

Key dates leading up to the Interim WSC include:

- **February 13, 2025:** Final deadline for amendments.
- **February 15, 2025:** Orientation session for participants.
- **February 28 & March 1, 2025:** Interim WSC sessions.

Highlights from Recent NAWs Communications

Strategic Planning Process:

The collaborative planning approach initiated at WSC 2023 is progressing. Conference participants have been actively involved in prioritizing factors that influence NA's ability to achieve its goals. This includes addressing generational and cultural differences, bottlenecks in funding, and challenges in public relations. The World Board has emphasized the importance of integrating these factors into a unified strategic plan.

Literature and Service Material Projects:

A new approach to developing the Conference Agenda Report (CAR) survey will be piloted. Instead of motions to create specific project plans, all ideas for literature and service material will be prioritized collectively by conference participants. This experimental process aims to streamline collaboration and allow quicker action on prioritized ideas.

WCNA 38 Summary

WCNA 38, held in 2024, faced financial challenges. Despite high expectations, registration fell short by approximately 7,000 attendees, leading to a projected loss of over \$800,000. The event's expenses exceeded its income due to rising costs and lower-than-expected turnout. Translations of the NA Survival Kit and other literature into Farsi, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, and other languages are ongoing to enhance accessibility for members worldwide. The Fellowship is encouraged to provide input on revisions to H&I Basics and IP #21, and to continue sharing photos and stories from their NA experiences for future events.

Motions for the Interim WSC

Key motions include:

- Streamlining the CAR survey process to prioritize literature and service materials collaboratively.
- Approving the 2025–2026 budget, which includes adjustments for inflation and reallocating expenses for personnel and technology.
- Updating policies for submitting and finalizing amendments to motions.

Surveys and Member Engagement

The following surveys are currently active and vital for gathering member input:

- **Membership Survey:** Helps identify demographics and gaps in representation. Deadline: **January 31, 2025**.
- **Step Working Materials Survey:** Seeks input on desired resources for working the Steps. Deadline: **March 17, 2025**.

Please visit na.org/survey to participate in these surveys and encourage others in your area to do the same.

Regional Workshops and Engagement

If your area is interested in hosting workshops on any of the Issue Discussion Topics (IDTs), please let me know. Materials and resources for these workshops are available at na.org/idt. These workshops are a great way to foster connection and dialogue within our Fellowship.

Finances: The PSZFNA meeting in Oklahoma in November was a little more expensive than Dodge City, mostly due to the cost of the hotel. I was not able to get in on the Air B&B in OK. Barry and I both will be staying at the Air B&B shared with many Zonal members at the upcoming PSZFNA meeting in TX, March 28th, 29th, and 30th. So the expenses for that will be less for lodging, but more for travel due to flying.

Below is a list of deposits and expenses from the last quarter.

- Starting: \$2086.72
- Plus deposit from Region: \$300
- Minus expenses for OK PSZFNA (November)
 - Hotel: \$460.32
 - Gas/Food: \$161.02
 - Total: \$621.34
- Ending: \$1765.38

In loving service,

Tommy

RDA Report: Barry B

Greetings in recovery,

Thank you for the honor of serving you. My report will deal with the Plains States Zonal Forum meeting. The Plains States zone meet in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on November 1, 2, & 3. There was a large local turnout as well as addicts from Best Little Region and the Mid American Region. The turnout was impressive and numbered 70 plus addicts on Saturday. There was some enthusiasm for service. This was the second meeting in a row with good local and surrounding region turnout. We talked about the number of meeting that we have and will keep it at 3 for now. We feel if the turnout changes, then we could look at the number of meetings per year again. The PR to Professionals on Friday had 5 nonmember and 5 member professionals in attendance. We continued to talk about T shirts with the 30th anniversary of the zone approaching. Not much more has been done about that.

We had our logo cleaned up by Lori C of Lincoln Nebraska. This was approved and is now our logo. The Sponsorship behind the Walls requests have picked up and we are in need sponsors. Contact our newly elected Liaison for further information. You can go to the zonal meeting via of zoom. The meetings and the workshops are hybrid.

The next Multi-Zonal Service Symposium is October 2, 3, & 4, 2026 in Wichita, Kansas. There are service opportunities in the workgroup. The Workgroup meets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month on Zoom. The link is on the front page of the MZSS website. <https://mzssna.org>. The Zoom id is 893 0694 9518. The passcode is 1953. My starting cash amount in my budget was \$3111.97. For the zonal meeting I stayed at a B&B and for 3 nights my share was \$116.00. My travel was 1033.4 miles and cost \$115.31 for gas. My food expenses for 4 meals were \$100.48. My toll roads fee was \$10.87. I did take \$300 for my Quarterly Budget amount. The total for this zone was \$342.66. I have an ending balance of \$3,069.31. My records, including receipts, are open to any NA member to review.

Again, thank you for the honor of serving you and working with Tommy.

In loving service,

Barry B.

Sub- Committees

NRCNA 41: Hello Family! We are progressing and on point with the timeline. Our programming chair is working hard to get people lined up. He waited until we came up with our logo to get started. Our logo is The Ties that Bind Us Together. We have 12 registrations so far. So go online to register and get your room booked. Go to Nebraskana.org. We met today in the subcommittee meeting had discussed duties and timelines and everyone who attended is working diligently and w/ understanding.

We are meeting via Zoom with Fremont committee members and discussed today about holding some meetings in person. We will discuss @ our next meeting.

We would like to bring up in general discussion that some of us had originally been told we didn't have to pay for our own registration if we were on the committee. Although we all discussed and agreed and are more than willing to pay. We are wondering if this needs to be in policy for future reference or if this is a tradition thing.

Otherwise, there is nothing to report at this time.

ILS,

Sue H – Chair

General Assembly:

General Assembly 1/11/2025

Hello family,

The Nebraska delegate team presented general assembly at 10 am before the NRSC meeting. We presented on the interim WSC report, which was mostly the 12 motions that will be voted on at the interim virtual WSC on February 28th and March 1st. We went through each motion and gave members a chance to ask questions and give input. A link for a survey to send members' votes to the delegate team was provided. The link will be available for members, groups, and areas to use and get their votes to the delegate team.

I.L.S.

Tommy

H&I: Good afternoon, family.

The Fremont area is alive and well.

We are happy to announce that we have 3 new individuals that have been approved to get into the Washington County jail but we have not had a good opportunity for the 3 of them to be trained just yet. Unfortunately, as we all are probably aware, commitments don't always equal participation so we will continue to practice love and patience with the still suffering addict.

We look forward to continuing our efforts to expand the H and I family in our area and to do our best to spread awareness of the importance of commitment to service. Being available when you say you will be.

Thank you for the opportunity to learn and grow in the Narcotics Anonymous family and for always loving me, even when I can't find the ways to love myself.

ILS,

Rocky

Elkhorn Valley Area Of NA

Hello Family H&I is going very well in our area we had a H&I training 12/8/2024. We recently returned a women's meeting to a jail. I will be posting our areas next H&I training soon.

ILS Zack E.

Central Area of NA

Hello family

Central and Great Plains are now one area. We do not have an H and I chair at this time, but we are still attending our commitments in Buffalo, Lincoln, Hall and Adams county. We have panels leaders who have steps up to ensure that we are getting panels done for the facilities we go into.

ILS

Tracy H

Columbus

~ We are meeting our H&I and PI commitments; we are having a speaker meeting with SOS in attendance the first Wednesday of the month. And we go every 4th Tuesday to SOS facility. We are buying books from NAW's and donating them to jails, prisons and newcomers supporting NAW's and our 5th tradition. We will be having an h and I training with the region chair coming to assist us with the training.

ILS

Wes

We will be ordering white booklets for the next quarter.

In loving service

Tracy H

H & I Chair

Outreach: Hello family,

I would love to thank you all for opportunity into this position. As of right now I don't have much to report as we have not done anything, if anyone knows of any meetings needing support, please let me know. Hopefully I will have more to report next quarter. I do have a new NA only email if anyone would like that. There are a few meetings in my area that need support, I can make a list of the meetings if anyone would like after the meeting and get that list to Kora & Rachael.

In loving service,

John P

Policy: Hello Family,

There were no proposals last month that affect our policy. I did, however, notice that there were some formatting issues with page numbering due to some past revisions. I have made these slight revisions and have submitted this updated version today to the IT Chair to be posted on our website. It was also pointed out to me that the most recent updated version is not shown on the website. I will reach out to the IT Chair to confirm this month's revision copy gets posted. Any member that reviews this document and locates any errors or missing information, please let me know as soon as possible so that it can be corrected. Thank you for allowing me to continue to serve.

In Loving Service,

Ariel W.

PR: Greetings in recovery,

Not much has happened through the last quarter through the holidays. Lincoln had a PR event in the last quarter which trained more phonenumber volunteers. Unfortunately, due to weather conditions I was unable to attend to present the PR Basics portion of their event. They were more than understanding of Nebraska's everchanging conditions and will look to re-schedule the PR basics portion in the future. In the past quarter we have had 3 voicemails left on the phonenumber. These voicemails have been followed up on. I do not have the traffic data today for the phonenumber, but can assure that based on the voicemails, the number information is getting out some. We are still awaiting the resource page on the Nebraska website to have information available for downloads directly from the website for Areas to utilize. We reviewed the resources to be posted today in subcommittee. We handed out meeting lists and took a few updates today for new meetings from a new area ONANA (Omaha Narcotics Area Narcotics Anonymous). When asking for new project requests, we will be exploring Spotify & U-Tube Ads for NA and discussed possible radio & TV PSAs. We will continue to seek out resources for your areas to utilize and again if your areas are needing workshops or have questions, please contact me.

ILS,

Michelle B.

IT: The past quarter has been pretty hectic for me personally so I haven't gotten as much done as I would like to. I have information from PR which I need to act on soon. I also received some feedback that using a calendar to list activities may be a point of frustration. So that will be an area for future improvements. There may also be some re-organization coming in regards to the menus on the top of the main page. No other update for now. Haidrian C

Archives: Monica reporting for Dick T: 8 Banners were submitted to shrink down to a smaller size. Otherwise all is well.

SBTW: Marcus via phone: Anyone who wants training for SBTW please let him know. The committee does do training twice a month. This is a new position for him and he is still learning. Thank you

Memorial Wall: Hello Family, All is going well w/ Memorial Wall. We are working with Tamara, who is our Memorial Wall Chair person for NRCNA 41. She is asking that there's any picture to add please contact Tamra or Sue or go to nebraskana.org to submit online. Please do it by Sept 1st. Other than that, we have nothing else to report at this time. ILS, Sue H

Old Business:

Proposal #2: EVANNA would like to host NRCNA 42 in 2026 in Norfolk at Divots Convention Center, Norfolk Lodge and suites in October – TBD for the exact dates. We have a verbal commitment for Oct 2-4th but will work with Convention center to get another date.

Intent: To host an **awesome convention**.

Financial Impact: \$4000 seed money

Submitted by: Ariel W - chair

Vote: 6 yes.. passes unanimously

Tera did get the mail.

Question: is the Agenda for RSC part of policy, as it needs to be updated? Also the proposal slip needs to be updated.

Will send updated versions for Haidrain to post for slip.

Mark CALLED FOR A 15 MINUTE BREAK, THEN WE REOPENED WITH A MOMENT OF SILENCE AND THE SERENITY PRAYER.

Open Floor:

Diana B – there have been some changes in the Enna are and there is going to be a new area in Omaha. We wish them well! She has 2 extra CECK raffles – anyone having an event they could use raffle winner items?

Steven T: Taxes question again. Square will send a 1099 by January 31st. After this, there are funds set aside for filing taxes and paying a professional to help us. Please contact Mark for the contact information for H&R block in Omaha to help file these taxes.

Tommy: our Taxes ad hoc committee is technically still active if we need this committee.

Sue brought up a conversation about registrations for committee members on NRCNA. Should committee members get free registration? It was determined that there is no policy about buying registration or being given a registration. A proposal was written about this discussion and will be in new business.

Discussion about RD / RDA Funds A lengthy discussion ensued with the following points / outcomes

Steven T brought up the idea about handing over to the RD / RDA a very large sum of cash and having them hold on to this cash their entire terms. Is this finically prudent?

Barry discussed how uncomfortable it was for him to be handed this sum of cash and provide reports every region.

Tera thought it was done in case there is an emergency on the road there are funds to help cover costs.

Sue- are there audits done on these funds? Yes, annually

Barry: would it make more sense to come to region and get estimated funds needed and return funds with receipts at the next regional meeting?

Tera and Tommy discussed pulling in the RD / RDA expenses into the budget.

Tera suggested updating the budget to reflect a 3 year cycle like WSC.

Ariel talked about how they could update the budget again to include RD / RDA expenses.

Michelle B suggested the RD/RDA could submit a budget at the beginning of each year.

Discussion ended with Tera and Ariel going to review the budget and come back next region with proposals for including RD /RDA budgets into the RSC budget.

New Business: Proposals and Nominations:

Proposal #1: To hold April's RSC meeting April 5, 2025 due to MARCNA Convention being held 2nd April in 2025.

Intent: To allow those wanting to attend MARCNA the ability to do so.

Financial Impact: 0

Submitted by: Diana B, ENNA

Since this is for the next regional meeting this was not taken back to groups. Vote: 6 yes= passes

Proposal #2: Survivor Group of NA to host Region in October 2025 – Address 104 S. 10th Street, Norfolk, NE

Intent: Host region as usual in Oct.

Financial Impact: Built into budget \$200

Submitted by: Tera N

Voted on by RCMs – Vote: 6 Yes passes

Proposal #3: To hold the Regional Business meeting on July 19th @ 210 N Wheeler in Grand Island

Intent: To hold the meeting and change the date to the 3rd Saturday of July.

Financial Impact: 0

Submitted by:

Voted on by RCMs – Vote: 6 Yes passes

Proposal #4: Remove SENNA Bus Campaign from Budget

Intent: This project does not exist any more in SENA

Financial Impact: 0

Submitted by: Tera N

Small discussion about if this proposal is actually needed as Tera is going to work on the budget anyways.

This proposal was withdrawn by Tera.

Proposal #5: To add to NRCNA Guidelines: All committee members and subcommittee members are to pay for a registration and other events as would any member.

Intent: To clarify guidelines that we don't get to go for free just because we serve on the committee.

Financial Impact: 0

Submitted by: Monica T

TAKE BACK TO GROUPS FOR A VOTE.

Open Positions:

We have no open positions. April is Kora's last turn as Secretary and Rachel W is stepping up to be secretary.

ONGOING REMINDERS:

- Please send any updated in-person or Zoom Meeting information to meetinglist@nebraskana.org and iit_committee@nebraskana.org
- Send flyers for NA activities to activities@nebraskana.org
- Next regional meeting will be at Faith Christian Church - 2201 South 132nd St, Omaha, NE, 68144
- 10 General Assembly – to be determined
- 1pm Sub Committee Meetings
- 2pm Regional Service Meeting
- Dinner and Bingo to follow.

Proposal To Close